Damn I really dont like this

TJM

Scanziety is Sooo real. Try as I might (and I am not a whimp), but this waiting is excruciating. Is the p as in my right toe a sign of a recurrence? No....but tell your mind that .

If I had one wish it would be that I KNEW. Yet I dont.

Sorry to be mauldin, but cant help it.

Love all of you

Tom

I can only imagine scanxiety as Boyfriend’s first scan will be March 31st, so one month after WBRT and only one dose of the triplet. Already nervous!

BUT, try to focus on how far you’ve come and how positive your posts are to the rest of us.

When do you find out?

Hang in there, Tom. One thing I tell myself is that whatever's happening in my body is happening, whether I'm aware of it or not. Heck, I went from Stage 1b to Stage IV with nary a symptom. OTOH, I have all these aches and pains and vision problems that are completely unrelated to my cancer. 

So I try to look at scans as my chance to find out what my body isn't telling me--whether we need to tweak something in the treatment or whether we're on the right track.

I won't tell you I don't get anxious around scans and results--I don't think I'll ever be blasé again about them. But getting my head in the right place does help me keep a lid on the level of worry. 

Tom, my oncologist would write you a song to relieve your worries 🎶. I think we all get scanziety to some degree. I really try to be brutal with myself and don't let my mind go awry. Hang in there!

Hey, Tom,

Don't be sorry, that's what we all are here for! You know that!

I read somewhere, "... all we ever have is NOW.... NOW is all that matters...." - every time I recall that, I'm also once again reminded of this chemo nurse when I was getting my first (and only, knock on wood) chemo back in Jan 2018.  They had just started the infusion and she came over with a heated blanket to put on me and I, in my shellshocked state (this was 2? weeks after the diagnosis), mumbled "I don't know what I'm doing here" and she wiped away my tears with her hands and told me "I don't know either, hon, but RIGHT NOW, you're ok."

With that, here's a song that pops into my head often when I get anxious:

Que sera, sera
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que sera, sera
What will be, will be

Hugs,

MB

Tom,

Obviously, I don't have a clue how one moderates scanziety.

Of all of the maladies I endured, it is the one that bites the most. I do reverently hope for your clean scan.

Stay the course.

Tom

On 3/11/2021 at 10:36 PM, islandgirls said:

I can only imagine scanxiety as Boyfriend’s first scan will be March 31st, so one month after WBRT and only one dose of the triplet. Already nervous!

BUT, try to focus on how far you’ve come and how positive your posts are to the rest of us.

When do you find out?

Hopefully tomorrow at the latest.

1 hour ago, Sandy N said:

I'm right there with you!  I have a scan this Friday!  

Good luck, Sandy! I assume you mean a week from today? When will you see the doc?

It's been a good week of scans! Keep it going.

Took the train to Seattle to hang with some buddies and watch BBall. Go Beavers!

Peace

Tom

On 3/19/2021 at 3:53 PM, LexieCat said:

Good luck, Sandy! I assume you mean a week from today? When will you see the doc?

Friday, March 26th.  I will see the doc via Telemed (soooo handy!  :) ) on Monday the 29th.  Pretty quick turnaround but at least the misery isn't being prolonged.  LOL!  

I gotcha--I always try to schedule my scans the day before my visit with the oncologist--only a day's wait at most. That's one reason I always have my scans done at my cancer center (half an hour away), when I have an imaging place right down the road a couple of miles. Worth it to have those virtually instant results!

Archived