please pray with my family

LindaMRG

Please pray for my father, Matthew. We are trying to find a drug that will take away some pain and anxiety without making him "out of it". My mother is trying Xanax today but nurse wants to use morphine. I dont want him to have that and be out of it. We are praying the Iressa is working, he has the itch. But he is weak and not getting around. PLEASE pray with our family for a miracle, because nothing is impossible with God.

Thank you, friends, I pray for all of you too.

Dear Linda,

I am sorry your beloved father is having a difficult time. Believe it or not, my mom was actually worse when she was on Lorazepan and other drugs. Her doctor cut back and she seems to be doing better. I pray your father improves and that Iressa works for him. Blessings and hugs to you and your family.

Linda,

I'm also late in joining, but I am sending up lots of prayers for your father and your family. Finding that right balance of medications is such a hard task, I am praying that relief is found without making your father "out of it".

God Bless

Carleen

Linda,

After the initial adjustment, morphine for pain does not make you 'out of it'. I take morphine every day for pain, and live a reasonably coherent life, drive , work for a living, raise a child, etc.

Don't deny your dad the comfort of much needed pain relief.

One gets "out of it" when one is overmedicated. I trust that that won't happen in dealing with the very real pain your father is experiencing.

I say this with compassion for anyone in pain.

I've been there.

XOXOX

MaryAnn

Linda,

Apologies if I sounded sanctimonious about pain relief.

Truly.

I was in pain, terrible pain, quite a while before diagnosis, and couldn't get them to x ray my shoulder/chest. So I'm a little overreactive about pain.

Sorry, again,

I hope you can resolve the problem so your dad is comfortable.

XOXOX

MaryAnn