The Little Things

Andrea B.

I am not posting about any treatment successes or shrinkages, but about the little treasures in life...time I get to spend with my mom. My mom and I went with my daughter today to the yarn shop so my mom can knit my daughter a sweater and beret. This is the first time I have been out with my mom (she hasn't gotten out much except for doctor appointments), since November. I can't begin to tell you how much I loved and appreciated this beloved time. The doctors told my mom she wouldn't make it out of the hospital in December...she proved them wrong...they told her she has 9 to 12 months and I pray she continues to prove them wrong. But mostly, I thank God for these special moments, because they mean the most.

Blessings to each of you.

Andrea,

That's what life should be about...those blessed moments with loved ones. I try my best to not let the cancer define me and that enables me to enjoy what I have still or in spite of the disease. I hope you and your family have many wonderful times ahead with your Mom.

Blessings,

Margaret

Andrea,

That is good news! Every single special moment means so much more now than it did before cancer life. I know your daugther will cherish her beret and sweater for the rest of her life.

Thanks for sharing and bringing a smile to my face.

Andrea

I know exactly how you feel....to me it is just like I'm standing out in the warm sunshine on a beautiful Spring day. (Much like today here in Jersey!) :D:D

We had a birthday party for my nephew on Saturday and it was my mom's first family outing. My sister's extended family is a HUGE Italian family, lots of little ones running around, and we were very happy that she felt up to it. She had so much fun and everyone was glad to see her there and told her how great she looked, etc. This kind of love and support is so much needed and appreciated. It was just fantastic to see her smiling and enjoying her family all around her. She was very private in her treatments and we were the only ones around her....she needed this day!!!

But like you, I enjoy the simple little moments that I have again. The phone call during the middle of the day to talk about little things and hear her laugh, the window-shopping at the mall, the doctor-free days!!!!

We will just enjoy them as much as we can.... :D:D

Isn't it a shame that it takes hard times like these to make us realize the value of these "simple things". I love the idea of your Mom making the sweater and beret for your daughter, that will keep her mind off things a bit.

Paddy

Andrea

Your post brought tears to my eyes, I remember when your mom was hospitalized and so sick in December, God bless her, she is an amazing woman. It gives us all hope to hear about recoveries like hers, I hope you both have many more little moments, thats what its all about

Bess B