Update on me and my adrenal glands - LOL!

Sandy N

Hello!  First of all, I'd like to say that this forum and everyone on it is priceless!  My hat is off to you all!  :)  

Secondly, I'd like to briefly address lung cancer that has spread to the adrenal glands since I haven't seen that topic floating around.  I suppose it's out there but I may have had to drill down a bit in the forums.  And I'm too lazy to do that.  I admit it.  I am officially Stage IV (was diagnosed Stage IIIA Fall 2019) since the adrenal gland met.  Two small blips were found in my right gland and another small one on my left.  Not too impressed that it went to the other side as well but whaddaya do?  If this happens to you, please DO NOT PANIC!  My oncologist assured me that this was extremely common.  I have just completed 4x of carboplatin (that dose was a heavy-hitter...more so than when I received it the first time around), Alimta and Mvasi.  I have a scan on March 26th to see if this either eradicated it, is containing it, rendered it non-active, or, hopefully, the blessed NED!  I was told I'd probably still go on maintenance no matter the outcome and will continue to have scans for every 3 months at least for the next year.   Also, when these blips were found, I did get the blood tests to check for mutations.  Nothing.  Just Mr. Adenocarcinoma trying to set up residence somewhere else in my body.  But he is going to continue to being served with eviction notices.

Anyway, I hope this helps someone who may experience the same thing. 

On another note, I did mention above that my first post-adrenal-treatment scan is next week.  Your prayers and good thoughts are much appreciated because I don't think any of us ever get past the scanxiety!  

Sandy,

I'm really really hoping for a NED scan and to celebrating that result later this month. I didn't experience an adrenal met but I kept getting mets to my remaining lung. So I'm really hopeful you chemo course did in fact issue an eviction notice to your lung cancer.

Stay the course.

Tom

Sandy,

Hang in the ma'am.  Your oncologist sounds as if he is familiar with this issue and that is always a good thing.  Please keep us updated.  You'll be in my thoughts and prayers for a NED.

Lou

I wished you luck on the other thread where you mentioned your upcoming scan, but what the heck. Never hurts to make multiple luck-wishes. :) 

I luv NED....wish I had been smart enough to name my comfort dog NED! Mac is an OK name as well.

Been a string of good scans lately...add to that string.

Peace

Tom

Thanks, everyone!  Tomorrow's the day and then on Monday morning I have a telemed with my onc to get the results.  I'll keep you posted....good, bad or ugly (and I hope the theme song to that movie is now playing in your mind - LOL!).  

One of the greatest theme songs of all time, IMO. I'll keep everything crossed for you (or, as I always say, everything that won't cause personal injury). I have an infusion tomorrow and meeting with my new NP--the next one is when I'll have scans again and see my oncologist. I know I'll be on pins and needles for that one, since my last scan report sounded sort of equivocal (though my oncologist professed not to be worried about it). I'm usually pretty good at putting it out of my mind until right before the visit.

Hang in and hope you can have a relaxing weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay Sandy...now here's my thought...Fill your weekend with all kinds of good stuff...whatever it is that makes you happy and keep yourself as busy and happy as you can.  I just find that Scanziety is tough, but easier when I keep myself distracted.  Looking forward to good news on Monday.

Lou

Archived