Wife's 2nd covid shot.

Robert  A.

My wife got her 2nd covid shot yesterday, so far just a sore arm today. I'm so happy she finally has both, maybe now we can go shopping together as she has been at home since this pandemic began. Be well all.

I'm a month after my 2nd shot and today I visited with 4 fully vaccinated friends inside without masks and with drinks and snacks. We toasted to the new beginning. Like Susan says, life has changed! 

I consider myself so lucky to be able to get my second shot (pfizer) just this last Saturday 3/27. I got mine at the VA. And the significant other got her first shot (pfizer too) on Friday 3/26. She got it quite easily at a local Meijer store at their pharmacy...according to the pharmacy they can't seem to get anyone to come and get the shots...  So strange!!

All I know is it will be so nice to get together at Easter again with family, etc. I certainly missed that...

But up next for me is the Shingrix shot. Had to wait at least a month after the Covid shot, and I may schedule it after my scan later this month. Shingles are evil. 

As soon as I was able to some years ago, I got the shot to prevent shingles as well. And I had already had shingles ten plus years ago in my early fifties. The shingles I had of course was the worst anyone could have; from the top of my head down across my face. I went to the doctor quickly with that and it's a good thing I did. The doctor told me that if that was left untreated, I could have lost my eyesight. As it is I still have noticeable scars on my face. All I needed to hear from my doctor is that could happen again and I went and got the shot...quick! You said it right...shinges are evil!!😩😳😠

I'll take the shot any day rather than getting shingles again. I was one hurting puppy when I had the rash from the top of my head down across my face...and the scars it left behind!! Never again...give me that shot...period!!😑

Hm, it's not clear to me that I received the "new" shingles vaccine (Shingrix)--It was introduced around the time I got my vaccine in 2017, so maybe that's why the 5-year booster. I'll have to check with CVS to see what I got. Also, I'm pretty sure I got only one shingles vaccine shot; Shingrix requires two shots, 2-6 months apart.

Anyway, thanks for the reminder--it really sounds like a disease you don't wanna mess with.

Lexie, when I got shingles in June, I made my husband immediately call our PCP. Several years ago he had the original shingles vaccine but our PCP wanted him to get Shingrix because it's more effective. He has since had both Shingrix shots. He doesn't remember if he had chicken pox as a child, but that doesn't seem to be relevant. 

Archived