His battle is over

hollyridge

Last night at 8:39pm my sweet husband Bill lost his battle with this distgusting and hateful disease. Our three kids and our four grandchildren are just devasted. He was out and about on Monday and then started to get very tired and yesterday morning he was very confused and disoriented and unable to stay awake. We had not even arranged for hospice yet. He had never been hospitalized and the night before he had all of the family over and had pizza and laughed and talked with them. We are all in shock. I thought I was going to go to get my hair coloured today and instead I am going to the funeral home to make his arrangements. He started slipping away at about 4:00pm and we called hospice and they came to sign him up. We never accomplished that. I spent the day and night lying in bed beside him cradling him in my arms and telling him how happy he made us and how much we loved him. His breathing slowed and within a few minutes he relaxed and melted into my arms and breathed his final breath. I want the world to know that a wonderful and caring and beautiful and humble and brilliant loving husband, father, and Papa has been taken from us and we will never be the same.

Bill, I can feel you. I know you are here. Please hold me tight. The world is crashing around me. I miss you so much baby.

Colleen

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear, Dear Colleen,

I posted to you a few minutes ago under "General" but I just have to say one more time how very, very sorry I am for the loss of your soul mate. I cry for you today and hope you feel the love that is being sent to you via this message board from all over the world.

ViVi

Colleen, I am so sorry for you and your family. What a beautiful tribute to your love that you had a chance to hold your sweet husband through his final hours. I know he is with you, and always will be. May you and your loved ones find comfort in your sweet memories of him during this sad time.

- Teresa

Colleen,

Words are so inadequate right now..... I pray for you to have some peace, and to remember all the great times and memories you had with Bill. May the infinite mercy of our loving Father engulf your family, and may you know of His promise to us in our faith...... everlasting life.....

Colleen,

I know your pain last night and today and tomorrow. My Buddy left me two weeks ago yesterday. If you need someone to talk to you can pm me for I am here. I will pm you my phone number and you can call me if you need a friend who knows what you are going through right at this minute.