My updates (22 Years old, NSCLC)

AleHondaa

Hey all.

My new strategy is still working wonders for the pain. Still trying to get script upsized a bit. My wife is going to call my onc to explain the vast difference.

But the biggest update I have is I am now 1/2 owner of a smallish pub. It's on a River and an awesome location. Spent the last couple of days painting. Man.. I am out of shape! In a bit of pain today but it's the good kind. Tiny muscles that haven't been used much in 18 months! But it's a good pain!

Swing by sometime. Lungevity.org members get a free beer and lunch! 

Peace

Tom

Ale, It's nice to hear that your spirits have been lifted out of the basement... we all know it's one day at a time and you're doing such a great job of plowing through...I think of you often and we're all rooting for you.... 

On 7/28/2021 at 12:55 PM, TJM said:

Hey all.

My new strategy is still working wonders for the pain. Still trying to get script upsized a bit. My wife is going to call my onc to explain the vast difference.

But the biggest update I have is I am now 1/2 owner of a smallish pub. It's on a River and an awesome location. Spent the last couple of days painting. Man.. I am out of shape! In a bit of pain today but it's the good kind. Tiny muscles that haven't been used much in 18 months! But it's a good pain!

Swing by sometime. Lungevity.org members get a free beer and lunch! 

Peace

Tom

I put this in the wrong string. Is there a way to move it? Sorry Ale...not trying to co-opt your story.

1 hour ago, TJM said:

I put this in the wrong string. Is there a way to move it? Sorry Ale...not trying to co-opt your story.

Tom,

Let it go...unless you want me to delete it...

Lou

Update time!

Just got my 3rd infusion of enhertu on Friday and I’ve been feeling great. One thing I’ve noticed is after a couple of days after infusion I get some fatigue and nausea but only for a couple days. I have one more infusion before my scans which let’s hope for some good news because I’m in need of it. I don’t like being left in the dark for so long but it’s part of it unfortunately.

I actually found out some news of my previous treatment. It was actually a mixed response but the bad outweighed the good and I believe my doctor didn’t tell me not to get my hopes up. The good portion of it was that there was some shrinkage of the main nodule in my lung, but the bad was all the spots that emerged. So hopefully this new drug (which was recently just approved and I’m the first patient my doctor has given it too works).

I’ll post updates when I got some more stuff for y’all. Thanks for being around like always and I hope things are going in your favor for everyone ❤️

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all!

Update for everyone, today I’ll be getting my fourth dose of enhertu. After this dose I’ll be due for more pictures to see how everything is going. Hopefully I’m due for some good news like I’m been hoping for and continue this treatment. Lately I’ve been pretty fatigued and nauseous so lying down has been my remedy most of the time. I’ll update you guys with results once I get them, fingers crossed 🤞🏼 

Hi Ale, Given what you’ve been through over the last few months, you are being a real trooper through the chemo.  Tell your doc about the nausea & fatigue to see if there is something to change up the meds they are giving you.  Maybe a tweak will help?   Always good to hear from you- hang in there as best you can… we’re all rooting for you.  

Ale,

Michelle is right about speaking with your doctor.  From these forums, I've learned that you have to speak up if you have symptoms so they can be relieved.  I can't wait to hear about your scans and am praying for a good outcome.  

Lou

• 3 weeks later...

I got my scans guys and it’s very good news! So the treatment is definitely working, no new growth and there has been Shrinkage of the main nodule. As well, it seems that my bones have been healing as well. It’s over all very good news and I knew I was due for it. Hopefully everyone that got their scans also received good news as well. 

Oh, Ale, I am SO happy for y9u. If anyone was due for good news, it's you. That's simply awesome.

My scan was less than awesome, though not dire. Got an odd cloudy area the radiologist thought was disease progression; doc disagrees and thinks it looks pneumonia-ish. Got more antibiotics (to go with the ones I'm already taking) and another scan in a month. Hopefully that one will be closer to awesome. :) Weird thing is I have no symptoms--OTOH, I'm feeling great.

Doesn't it feel good to know all the medical stuff we're going through is paying off?