Post lobectomy breast support?

Cin

I am only back home since April 28 and am just starting to heal. I know I will need breast support and am already a bit embarrassed when I walk abound my condo parking lot. What do you women wear for support when it's obvious that a bra will be too painful?  I am a D cup so I need something; plus my breast pulls at the surgical area, ouch.

I'm thinking of just wearing a men's undershirt and a shirt over that, but would love to hear from those with experience. I will be working from home at least until September (I am so lucky!) so I won't be out in public all day.

Fortunately, I'm pretty small up there (hereditary, as my daughter always complains). This question has come up before and I know there are post-surgical bras on Amazon. You might try there.

15 hours ago, TJM said:

I am "utterly" not equipped to give advice. 😎

Hahaha thanks for the much needed laugh!

10 hours ago, LexieCat said:

Fortunately, I'm pretty small up there (hereditary, as my daughter always complains). This question has come up before and I know there are post-surgical bras on Amazon. You might try there.

Thanks I will take a look

I has a VATS lobectomy and  don't remember having a bra problem after my surgery. However recently thr sutical scar below my armpit got inflamed and irritated and my usual bra was uncomfortable. I  found a  very soft cotton bra at  Target (cheap!) that had wide sides, so the elsatic diidn't touch my scar.  So it was more comfortable.  Not a lot of support, but bretter than none.

I can't remember whether you hd VATS or open surgery. For bigger incisions from open, you might need something more specialized. My wife needed a speical bra due to swelling after breast cancer surgery. She got one at a local shop that has specialized lingerie, and our medical insurance paid for it. It was **not cheap**.  An advantage was that she was fitted by an expert.

t

Hi Bridget!  This is great info, I'll see what I can dig up. It didn't even occur to me that med insurance might cover it. I bought something cheap and flimsy from Amazon for now.

(Ever been to MichFest?)

Archived