New Member of the NED Club

Judy M2

I just had a call with my oncologist to go over my April 27 PET scan (long wait I know, but I wasn't worried). "No evidence of recurrence of metastatic disease." NED! We celebrated this amazing achievement. I was expecting stable, not NED. 

As I've mentioned before, he recently wrote a book about compassion in medicine which will be out this month. I told him that many people who post here and in the FB groups are given a very grim prognosis when first diagnosed and the doctors' delivery is less than kind. He said would be happy to give a FB talk to provide some encouragement and inspiration.  He has a lot of experience with virtual platforms. Let me know if there is interest. He's a great cheerleader. 

Off to celebrate! 

CONGRATS, Judy!!! That is awesome! So, so happy for you. Nice to get some upbeat news the night before my surgery. :) 

I'm sure we'd love to hear from your doctor--he sounds terrific.

Thanks, I gotta be at the hospital by 5 am. Hopefully everything goes smoothly and I can blow the joint tomorrow. From the description, it sounds like it will feel similar to how I felt after the port implant, which wasn't bad at all. Fingers crossed!

Hey Judy!

Congrats!!! That’s awesome news!  What a fantastic surprise.  Curious if it was the same radiologist who read the previous scans?   I’ve decided almost three years into this that radiologists are a strange breed.  One of them reads my scans as NED and the other one will say stable.  🤷🏼‍♀️
I asked my oncologist about it and he said it depends on where and when they trained.  So if the next scan says stable this way you won’t have to worry about it.  

I’d love to hear from your oncologist on our Friday night Zoom.  That would be really cool!  

I don't know yet who the radiologist was. My scan report isn't in the portal yet, but I will check. 

Michelle, that's a great idea. Let me ask him about availability. He does a lot of media/interviews, especially with the new book. 

On 5/6/2021 at 3:04 PM, Rower Michelle said:

Curious if it was the same radiologist who read the previous scans?  

@Rower Michelle, I checked and it was a different radiologist this time around. But there was an awful lot of "normal" on the report, so I'm OK with that! 

Archived