Chronic constipation

jack14

Well, I had the CT scan (barium swallow) nc. and surprisingly, the results were posted on my portal the next day. The radioogist saw no evidence of any intestinal problems. I see my doctor Tuesday and will see what our next step is.... I also saw in my lab work that they did before the scan that my TSH is 7.0...oh joy, sounds like I have hypothyroidism. Probably from the immunotherapy. But at least there wasn't a tumor involved.

I wonder if my thyroid issue is causing the constpation and partial blockage, or maybe it's adhesions from my AAA surgery five years ago? I have a ventral incissional hernia and the CT revealed some small intestine poking through but no occlusion.

"Stomach/Bowel: Stoma

ch is within normal limits. Appendix is not

clearly visualized and may be surgically absent. No evidence of

bowel wall thickening, distention, or inflammatory changes. 

Other: Midline ventral hernia containing nonobstructed loops of

small bowel. No abdominopelvic ascites."

Wow Jack!  Sorry to hear about your problem.  Unfortunately, there is no experience I have with what you are going through.  Hopefully someone will come along soon and be able to offer some input to help you out.  I'll be watching though to listen and learn.  I do hope that you find some relief soon.

Lou

4 hours ago, LouT said:

Wow Jack!  Sorry to hear about your problem.  Unfortunately, there is no experience I have with what you are going through.  Hopefully someone will come along soon and be able to offer some input to help you out.  I'll be watching though to listen and learn.  I do hope that you find some relief soon.

Lou

Thanks Lou

Archived