I am new and searching for informatiom

Sarah,

Welcome here. I've had drains, one for about 3 months, surgically placed for lung drainage. My cause was to drain fluids after surgery. Some have drains for pulmonary effusions related to lung cancer or for other reasons.

Is your mom a lung cancer patient? Are her drains (ports) associated with treatment? If you can give us some details about the drains and reason for them, we might be able to provide more a more detailed response.

Stay the course.

Tom

Rexkit,

This forum is really support for people who have contracted lung cancer as well as their caregivers and families.  We do this by sharing our experiences and answering questions in order to show people the possibility of hope in the face of a terrible disease.  

Since we are not a source for the information you are looking for I would recommend doing a Google search on your topic and looking for legitimate medical study sites that would offer the information you may be looking for.  But, in the meantime, if we can help you with any of the above please share your story and ask away on the LC topic.  Good luck.