New and on Tabrecta

Patti P

Hi, I'm new to this site. I've had stage 3, now 4, non-small cell lung cancer for 3 1/2 years (that I know of). I was on infusion therapy of carboplatin/taxol for about 6 months, plus radiation therapy; then immunotherapy for a year, now with a recurrence, and biopsy showing Met-14 skipping mutation, on Tabrecta, 400 mg 2x day. Thrilled to have an oral option (so much easier than infusion and the steroids), but horrible edema, digestive problems and fatigue. Tabrecta is new, and so happy it is on the market, as it is keeping the cancer at bay, but looking for any other Tabrecta user who has found a magic way to deal with the side effects.  Thanks so much.

I was on Tabrecta since January.   I developed edema.  I have been in the hospital since last Wednesday.  Fluid had collected around my heart.  The scan last Wednesday showed the tumor had shrunk 80%.  I will be starting on Tepmetko when discharged.  Anyone had experience with this medication?

My wife has been on Tabectra for 1 year this past June 18th. She had a scan on June 21st and will meet with the oncologist tomorrow for the results. The 1st scan showed her tumor had shrunk more than 50%, her 2nd scan showed continued shrinking hoping for more of the same tomorrow. She has been dealing with edema to the hands and feet but takes Lasix when it gets too bad. Walking helps also. 

I was walking 3 miles a day with my dog until 2 weeks ago.  I have been in the hospital for two weeks.  They finally gave me LASIX last night.  Today. The plan is to drain fluid from my left lung….

1 hour ago, Marcia Fluhr said:

I was walking 3 miles a day with my dog until 2 weeks ago.  I have been in the hospital for two weeks.  They finally gave me LASIX last night.  Today. The plan is to drain fluid from my left lung….

It usually takes about 2 days after the dose of Lasix before you see any change.

Archived