Anyone have a negative reaction to

TJM

I'm getting my 2nd Shingrix shot tomorrow, so we'll see. After the first, my arm was a little sore for a day or so. But 2 months later, I get tingling up and down the injection arm that comes and goes. Very strange. I'm going to mention it to the nurse tomorrow. Having had shingles, I definitely want to avoid getting it again! BTW, Medicare does not cover the shots. Good luck! 

Worst part for me was a really sore arm & crippling fatigue for three days.  Couldn’t get off my couch- Some of that probably had to do with targeted therapy too.  Good luck! 

I felt tired and a little flu-ish after the shots. A friend of mine had shingles and developed post-herpetic pain and has never really recovered. After seeing her experience,  a day or two of discomfort from a shot seemed pretty minor.

Had shot #2 yesterday. My arm was sore today and I was WIPED OUT! I was supposed to host game night tonight with our friends and had to cancel. Slept a lot. 

Never had chickenpox so I'm glad that I'm not at risk for this.  I did get the pneumonia vaccines and one caused me no end of symptoms, including a trip to the ER for an epipen...

Lou

The shingles vaccine is for chicken pox, not smallpox, FYI. Most of us of a certain age had chicken pox as children, and sometimes the virus reactivate when we're older. Years ago (before there was a vaccine), my mother had shingles along her jaw, and her doctor was concerned it would travel to her ear, but luckily it did not. The shingles I had were on my torso (a common place). It's super painful. 

You're correct.  I meant to type chicken pox, but smallpox came out.  I'll correct it.  The only childhood disease I ever had was the mumps (if that counts).

Lou

I've had two shingles vaccines. Not sure if the second was a booster to my first. I watched my mom suffer from shingles and the slight arm discomfort from the injections was a small price to pay for the preventative benefit.

The crazy thing about those who push back about vaccines is if they are so dangerous, why haven't the countless hundreds-of-millions who've had them died. There is no data to justify the postulated danger to childhood vaccines, tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis, MMR (despite the claims of the bogus Lancet Journal article that was retracted), varicellia, zoster, HPV, pneumococcal, HepA, HepB, miningococcal A & B, influenza and COVID.

As a soldier, despite our comprehensive "shot record", we all lined up for just in case "jet injector administered" rabies, typhoid, yellow fever, tetanus, anthrax, chickenpox (can't tell you how many times I've had that shot), cholera, and even Japanese encephalitis before every deployment. None of these killed me. Lung cancer chemotherapy caused far more lasting side effects than any vaccine I've had.

As a public service announcement based upon Department of Defense publications, here is a list of vaccine preventable diseases: Adenovirus, Anthrax (nasty), Chickenpox, Cholera, Haemophilus Influenza type b, Hepatitis A & B, Human Papillomavirus, Influenza, Japanese Encephalitis, Meningoccoccal, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Pneumococcal, Polio (saw many cases as a child), Rabies (if you see it once, you won't hesitate to get the shot), Rotavirus, Shingles, Smallpox (ACAM2000) (very nasty), Smallpox Jynneos (nasty squared), Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis, Typhoid, and Yellow Fever (thankfully this kills quickly).

Have you been to Haiti, Somalia, Congo, Egypt, Sudan, Libya, Yemen, Pakistan, India, or Eritiea? If you doubt the efficacy of vaccines, I encourage a visit. Of course, if you don't have vaccine protection, you may not return! 

Stay the course.

Tom

Archived