Kathie

Hi All,

I am Kathie, I had lung cancer. I had 1/3 of my lung removed now checkups every 6months.

I also have a heart condition, fibromyalgia, and intercoastal neuropathy. Constant pain.

Kathie,

Welcome here.

Oh my, lung cancer on top of all your listed medical conditions, you've got a tough row to hoe!

I surmise from your post that you had a lobectomy and that you were staged at IA or IB or perhaps IIA. This is because you did not report having adjuvant chemotherapy after surgery.

Do be vigilant about your checkups, likely CT scans. If you are seeing a medical oncologist for your checkups, then you are being well taken care of. Here is something I normally pass along to the newly diagnosed. Let us hope you are "one and done" with lung cancer but the really dangerous characteristic of our disease is the frequency of recurrence. Thus your continued checkups.

Stay the course.

Tom

Kathie,

You are already meeting some of the good people here at our forum.  I have two questions:
1. Can you tell us a little bit more about your LC (lung cancer), such as diagnosis or stage, any treatments you had in addition to surgery (Tom already mentioned) and also how you are doing today with regard to the LC?

2. Do you have any questions for us or a particular concern that brought you here?  If so, please let us know so we can better provide you with information from the site as well as from our own experience.

I look forward to learning more about you and how we can help.

Lou