Post-treatment Iovance TIL trial updates

LexieCat

Oh my.  I’m so sorry to hear this.  That’s sucky, sucky & sucky news.  Now it’s a matter of sorting through what comes next.  You’re one of the smartest and bravest people I know.  We’ll help you get through this round too.  

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uck, I'm so sorry to hear about this!  I'm glad to hear that you're looking at other options. Hang in there-- I know you will.  I'm thinking good thoughts for you.

I'm so sorry to hear about your setback Lexie but it sounds as though there are other options. It also sounds like you're under the care of a really good medical centre that are up to date with the latest treatments and trials. It makes a difference when you're under the care of a medical team that doesn't give up on you and has other plans of action when something doesn't work or if there's progression. Don't give up :) 

Post-op visit with Dr. Shersher today. He looked as bummed as I felt. Unfortunately, I still have the chest tube--he wants less fluid draining before he takes it out. He said as soon as I go two consecutive days with 50 ml or less drainage, I can text him and he'll get me in right away to take it out.

It was an interesting conversation. He said he was totally shocked at the pathology results because the fluid he drained during surgery looked completely normal--not like something cancerous. It sounds like Iovance has OK'd a re-treatment--he told me they still have my TIL cells, which means I wouldn't have to go through another tumor harvest. Meaning treatment could start sooner. His only hesitation (which is the same as mine) is whether I can withstand another round of this treatment, given how rough it was last time and that my health status has gone down a bit since then. 

He is anxious to hear what my oncologist thinks, when I talk to her Monday. He had to look her up online, and he said, "Oh! I know her--she's terrific. Very smart--you're in good hands." Which is nice to hear. I've met her only once about three months ago, and I had a good impression but haven't worked with her closely enough to know for sure. She's one of Lungevity's recent awardees and has presented at our conferences. 

I got on the treadmill today for just a few minutes. Whether I go for another round of TIL or something else, I should build up my strength. My appetite could be better--being in the hospital always seems to throw it off.

Yeah, no one would be anxious for ICU round 2 when there might be other options.  Did they send the cells out for biomarker testing or any discussion around a blood biopsy?  I guess the medical onc would make that call.   
Remember physical therapy is always an option to help “pre-hab” your next line of treatment. 
I think we all all bummed out.  You might want to check out medical marijuana- it’s supposed to work wonders to help appetite.  Will definitely keep you in our thoughts.   

Archived