"Blissfully Boring"

Rower Michelle

Had my labs and scans, a little more intense than the usual surveillance plan as I've been on the same targeted therapy for 33 months.  Since the progression free survival median is 34 months, the team wanted to do some additional imagining "just to take a look around".  Of course the insurance company wouldn't pay for a PET scan so we did a brain MRI, CT scan of chest, abdomen and pelvis. 

The results were in my oncologists words, "blissfully boring".   He showed me the scans from November 2018 which was my first post treatment scan compared to yesterday.   He was thrilled back in 2018 with the initial results, now he's happy that I've had such an excellent response to therapy. 

I didn't feel like running a victory lap because I know we're playing a long game here and frankly getting tired of the Alectinib foods.  However I am very, very grateful to be one of the fortunate ones.  I haven't lost any members of my team (to retirement or competitors) and although there has been a few bumps in the road, I'm happy.

I've spent the summer in PT, twice a week trying to regain some of the functional strength I lost during the pandemic lock down.  Overall it's going well.   

I'm grateful to all of you who have helped to get me this far down the road.  Carry on, 

Michelle 

How about that Michelle! I do however think a victory lap is in order. Any victory over lung cancer needs to be celebrated with gusto!

Stay the course.

Tom

Super news Rower!

We should be thanking you! You have helped so many people over the years. Including me.

Stay boring

Tom

Michelle,

Blissfully Boring sounds absolutely WONDERFUL! (yes, that was a shout) I think my neighbors may have heard me).  I'm with Tom...we should celebrate all of our victories.  I go for another set of scans next Thursday and am already thinking about them.  So, hearing your result is really uplifting.  If it was me I'd go have a pizza...:)
Lou

On 7/28/2021 at 3:02 PM, Rower Michelle said:

Had my labs and scans, a little more intense than the usual surveillance plan as I've been on the same targeted therapy for 33 months.  Since the progression free survival median is 34 months, the team wanted to do some additional imagining "just to take a look around".  Of course the insurance company wouldn't pay for a PET scan so we did a brain MRI, CT scan of chest, abdomen and pelvis. 

The results were in my oncologists words, "blissfully boring".   He showed me the scans from November 2018 which was my first post treatment scan compared to yesterday.   He was thrilled back in 2018 with the initial results, now he's happy that I've had such an excellent response to therapy. 

I didn't feel like running a victory lap because I know we're playing a long game here and frankly getting tired of the Alectinib foods.  However I am very, very grateful to be one of the fortunate ones.  I haven't lost any members of my team (to retirement or competitors) and although there has been a few bumps in the road, I'm happy.

I've spent the summer in PT, twice a week trying to regain some of the functional strength I lost during the pandemic lock down.  Overall it's going well.   

I'm grateful to all of you who have helped to get me this far down the road.  Carry on, 

Michelle 

Fabulous news, Michelle! I'll take blissfully boring anyday!  Congrats!

Archived