Judy M2

I saw my oncologist yesterday to go over the results of my July PET/CT scan and the good news is I am still NED. My doctor was very excited and hugged me 3 times! He also autographed his book for me. (I tried to upload a photo but the file size is too large.) Glad I didn't worry during the 2 weeks of waiting. 

I now have the usual Tagrisso rash now (why after all this time?) and need to see the dermatologist, but they are scheduling 2 weeks out. Not looking forward to itching for 2 more weeks. 

Now that the FDA has approved a 3rd vaccine for the immunocompromised, I'm wondering whether I'm eligible. My immune system is normal, and I don't consider that I'm undergoing treatment. I didn't discuss this with the doctor yesterday, unfortunately, but I have to go back for a port flush and will ask the nurse. 

Take care, everyone! 

Oh Judy!  I’m so thrilled for you!   I was wondering the same thing about the vaccine booster too.  Can’t say I want to voluntarily sign up for another five days of post vaccine side effects!  I was thinking it makes sense to ask for a antibody level blood draw instead.  I’d rather get poked then jabbed…. Happy weekend to you!  And a BIG HUG X3 from me too!

Judy,

I am ecstatic about your NED scan. Wonderful!

My last treatment was 14 years ago but at yesterday's consultation with my general practitioner, he said when there is a booster released, I should be first in line to get it. I think his reasoning has to do with my compromised pulmonary system rather than immune system. He said my medical history is compelling enough to warrant another shot.

Stay the course.

Tom

Thanks Kristin, Tom and Michelle! I was also considering getting an antibody test first. It's almost time for my annual flu shot but I guess that can be second priority. 

BTW, folks in Israel are already getting third jabs. They're way ahead of us. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2021 at 7:10 AM, Judy M2 said:

I saw my oncologist yesterday to go over the results of my July PET/CT scan and the good news is I am still NED. My doctor was very excited and hugged me 3 times! He also autographed his book for me. (I tried to upload a photo but the file size is too large.) Glad I didn't worry during the 2 weeks of waiting. 

I now have the usual Tagrisso rash now (why after all this time?) and need to see the dermatologist, but they are scheduling 2 weeks out. Not looking forward to itching for 2 more weeks. 

Now that the FDA has approved a 3rd vaccine for the immunocompromised, I'm wondering whether I'm eligible. My immune system is normal, and I don't consider that I'm undergoing treatment. I didn't discuss this with the doctor yesterday, unfortunately, but I have to go back for a port flush and will ask the nurse. 

Take care, everyone! 

Judy so happy to hear about your NED!! I'm a bit late in wishing you congrats, but congrats nonetheless!!

Archived