Flu shot

LexieCat

Got one of those today, since my sore arm from the Covid shot is all better--not so much as an ache, even if I bump it. Since I just turned 65, I got the high-dose flu vaccine. 

I got both pneumonia vaccines a couple of years ago. The only one I still lack is the Shingrix vaccine (I got the old shingles vaccine a couple of years ago). My doc says the antiviral I'm taking for the trial protects against shingles, so he recommended waiting to do that one until I'm done with the antiviral. I hear Shingrix can be sort of unpleasant, but based on what I hear about shingles, the vaccine is way preferable.

So now I'm as prepared to face this fall/winter as I can be. 

Oh yeah, the shingles vaccine is a beast- I couldn’t get off the couch for a couple of days and my arm hurt.   Until the second Covid shot, it was the worst reaction I had. 

I’m due for the flu shot in early October.  My oncologist has always been concerned about the flu, we did try to obtain the high dose version and was not able to based on my age….. yet across town the MD Anderson affiliate was giving higher dose flu vaccines to all of their cancer patients.  🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

My oncologist told me to ask my primary NP. His answer to several questions I had.

I sent in a note to my NP. I dont expect it to be an issue.

Peace

Tom

Got the flu shot 2 weeks ago and Moderna booster today. My arm started to feel sore a few hours after the flu shot but I feel nothing with this Covid shot. 

I slept a lot the day after the second Shingrix shot and was so tired I couldn't go to a party (!). The most unusual side effect was tingling up and down my arm for weeks afterward. It eventually went away. Believe me, it's way better than shingles. 

Archived