Hi everyone new guy here

Chuck K

It is scary. But you have found a place that can hopefully make it less scary.

Please gives us more information as you get it so we can be as helpful as possible.

Welcome

Tom

Hi Chuck. Yes you are right. It is scary. My diagnosis scared the hell out of me. Try to keep in mind that there are new treatments coming out all the time. Hopefully they will help you. Try to stay positive and don’t google. All the info there is old and many times incorrect. Tom is right. If you have more info about your disease and you share it here you will get tons of tips on how to live with it. Good luck. Peace, light and great scans to all. Claudia

@TJM Just found out I have appointment with surgeon tomorrow morning to discuss my case and PET scan in the afternoon . Guess the PET . Hope they don't find anything else. 

Chuck,

Welcome to our forums.  We're glad you found us and sorry you have to be here.  Let's start at the beginning; "Lung cancer is not the automatic death sentence it once was".  Treatments have made great strides in the last number of years.  Also, stay away from Dr. Google...the stats you'll read are 5-year averages and don't reflect the efficacy of today's treatments.  Last, (at least for now), there is a great blog titled; "10 Steps to Surviving Lung Cancer; by a Survivor" and it can be found here.  Read it over and come back here with any and all question you may have.  From here on you're not alone in this.

Lou

Archived