Four weeks

Daphne

My mom passed away on 9/22/21 after a 2 month battle with Kung cancer. She was a beautiful and loving 72 year old mother and grandmother. We watched her suffer for weeks and held her as she took her last breaths at home. I have a hard time dealing with her sudden diagnosis and death/ I don’t know if I would have preferred her going through treatment for months or dying as quickly as she did. 

Daphne, I'm so sorry for your loss.  We are here to support you and send a big virtual hug. 

I just wanted to share some grief resources with you: https://www.lungevity.org/for-patients-caregivers/caregiver-resource-center/end-of-life-planning/grieving-loss

If there is anything we can do to help, please let us know. 

Daphne,

My deepest condolences to you and your family on your mother's passing.  Please follow up with the resources that Kristin is offering.  You don't have to go through this alone.  My mom passed away from Lung Cancer as well as I was there for her last breath.  It's a terrible thing to experience, but with time I can now look back on the good things about her and smile.  I pray for you to get to that point as well.

Lou

Daphne - I am so sorry for your loss.  Mothers and daughters can have such a special bond that the loss of that relationship due to death can be so hard - I know, I am currently going through it as well, as I lost my mom in June and then my dad in August.  I wish I had words to help you deal with your grief, but I have learned there is really nothing anyone else can say to make the pain go away.  

I understand your uncertainty with understanding which situation is better - a quick death or a prolonged fight.  I saw both with my mom - a prolonged fight with lung cancer and then a quick/surprising death with leukemia.  Neither one was easy.  But the fact that you knew she was fighting for her life and was able to support her through that is truly what matters.  Those are the times you will be able to hold onto through all of your grief.  Please know that you are not alone.  So many of us here understand what you are going through.

Take care and hugs to you!

Steff

Daphne,

I'm so sorry for your loss. May the memories and love that you shared with your mother be a blessing to you and your family.

Best,

Ro

Daphne,

I'm older now and have experienced a lot of family death. My mother's passed six years ago, and I still reflect her passing. Mine also suffered with multiple chronic conditions that led to her death. I can close my eyes and see each hour I spent attending to her bedside. Losing one's mother is the hardest of losses. I pray for your peace.

Stay the course.

Tom

Archived