NEW! Lung Cancer Patient Gateways

LUNGevityKristin

This week, LUNGevity Foundation is launching a brand-new initiative called Lung Cancer Patient Gateways. The concept is to provide a “one-stop shop” of information and resources for patients and caregivers navigating a lung cancer diagnosis. We will be creating a total of six (6) Patient Gateways, broken out by lung cancer biomarker or subtype, including KRAS, EGFR, ALK, Rare Mutations and Fusions (ROS1, RET, MET, NTRK, BRAF and others), non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and small cell lung cancer (SCLC). The KRAS Patient Gateway launches October 27, 2021.

In working with patients and caregivers over time, we have consistently heard about the need for a comprehensive site that gives patients and caregivers easy access to the things they value the most: up-to-date information about their particular type of lung cancer; the ability to quickly pinpoint where the leading experts are who specialize in treatment of their disease; convenient access to their electronic health record; information on clinical trials; the opportunity to connect with others navigating the same issues and participate in events within the community; timely news on the latest in research advances and other items that may be of interest.

We were very intentional about the naming of this new resource. “Gateway” is actually defined as “an entry to a place.”  As patients enter the “place” that is lung cancer, our primary goal was for each site to serve as an entry point to guide patients and caregivers in a purposeful way with the tools and information they need to navigate their own lung cancer experience. We felt strongly about putting everything in one place to make it easy to find and easy to use.

In my role as Vice President of Global Engagement and Patient Partnerships for LUNGevity, I am particularly proud of what we have created and the value it adds for our community. I am especially excited to launch this overall effort with the KRAS Gateway, as it reflects the extraordinary scientific progress that has occurred over the last couple of years. It wasn’t that long ago that KRAS was considered an "undruggable" biomarker, a distinction it had held for over 40 years. But because of research advances, we now have a growing list of drugs that show promise for patients whose cancer is KRAS positive. I don’t know about you, but that fills me with great hope!

What I hope you will find as you explore the new Lung Cancer Patient Gateways is a lot of information, a sense of community, and a feeling of empowerment. We want this to be an entry to a new way of thinking about lung cancer, one informed by the latest science, inspired by all the amazing communities that already exist and one driven by some of the latest innovations to bring you what you need when you need it most. We are in this “place” together.

https://gateway.lungevity.org/

Kristin,

This is a great idea.  The good news is we have a vast amount of information for patients and caregivers; the bad news is that for the uninitiated it can seem daunting, especially when you have just received a cancer diagnosis.  I'm sure this will be a welcome improvement.

Lou

I also missed on hearing about your Promotion Kristin?   I am very happy and excited for you and know it's Well-Deserved!

I also LOVE this new idea and thanks to each and everyone at LUNGevity who has been working hard behind the scenes to launch the new Gateways!     Dr. Amy had invited Ro and myself for a "sneak peek" of the KRAS Gateway and we both thought it was fantastic and were very impressed!   I am very  happy to see it's now been launched and looking forward the rest!    KUDOS to you and LUNGevity for always coming up with new content for us all!   

~ Lisa

Archived