Yippee!

SandyS

Went to doctor today for results of Friday's bone scan - and it was clear!

Asked him again what he wanted to do about the abnormality in my adrenal gland (small - but two weeks ago he was talking about starting more chemo), and now he said "let's do a CT on June 1st, and if it hasn't grown we'll just keep an eye on it."

And then they took my blood, and my counts are high enough that they stopped the Procrit and iron injections!!!!

I don't have to go back there for a month! That's the longest since November 1st when this all started!

I promised the nurses I would miss them............

SandyS

Dear Sandy,

Wow....... that is wonderful news!! I am so happy for you! I know just how you feel about missing your nurse and doctor for a month. Trust me you'll get over it!! :) If someone would have told me 10 years ago that I would have spent SOOOO much time with SOOO many doctor's and nurses before I was dx.d with cancer, I would have told them they were crazy, and then after LC came into my life, I was so afraid of the thought of missing a treatment, or not feeling good enough to see my doctor, etc...... Well, I just released my Onc Doc as of 5 weeks ago, and boy let me tell you, does that feel like a MILLION dollars!!! Although I still have my Pulm Doc, and always my Primary!!! Here's one for you, a dear FREIND of mine who is a 3 year SCLC survivor said to me a few weeks back. We were talking about Onc Doc's etc... and how long do we have to go see them. Well I said to her, I asked my Onc Doc 8 years ago, how long will I have to see you after I complete my treatments? And his answer was: "For the rest of your life"! Now that sounded fine to me 8 years ago, but my dear girlfriend said to me. "You know Connie, I'll bet he didn't think you would be here 8 years from then!" Well we both got a good laugh on that one, but I have to say she was probably RIGHT ON THE MONEY with that comment!!! :)

Well Sandy, Good News is always just that, GOOD NEWS!!! Congratulations!!! You earned a month off!!!! :wink::wink:

Warm and Gentle Hugs,