California Lung Cancer Walk

Andrea

Renee and Heather inspired me to get involved and organize a Lung Cancer Walk on November 6, 2004 in the Southern California area.

As you may have read under the Activism Forum, Renee and Heather are the brain childs of having a walk in major cities across the US on Nov 6, 2004. Renee sucesfully organized a walk last year. As soon as I saw Nov 6 I HAD to get involved. That is my mom's diagnosis date.

Anyway, the reason I write is for help. Is there anyone in the Southern California area who would like to be involved on a committee to help make this event a success? We want to make it HUGE across the US and get publicity, etc. However, in order to make it HUGE, my husband reminded me that I might need some help and perhaps committees would be a good idea.

If anyone wants to join on with me, please let me know! Thanks!

I would love to help you. I've been visiting this site since the end of November when my special, wonderful aunt was diagnosed. I live in the San Diego area but would be more than happy to travel north if needed to help you. I'm logged in as guest right now because I'm having trouble logging in for some reason.

Jess

Andrea,

Tonight, I attended a meeting at the Corona Library for Run for Life, sponsered by the ACS. It will be June 20th, 21st and 22nd at Santiago High School, here in Corona. I just received the package of information tonight. If you want we can maybe share ideas or do this together. You can PM me if you would like and we can brain storm. I have access to people here in Corona. They have done this for the last 5 years. How is mom doing, she is in my prayers each day. I know you said her surgery is scheduled for March 4th. Praying for the "Cure and speedy recovery"...

God Bless and gentle hugs...

Karen

Thanks everyone! I was up all night trying to brain storm and see where I can round up prizes for a raffle, etc. I will have LOTS of time to think about lung cancer tomorrow during my mom's surgery, so I will make lists of my ideas and share them Monday :) I will be staying near Cedars in LA this weekend without computer accss

I am soooooo excited about this! My husband knows he is in trouble, I was up tossing and turning all night with ideas, just like I did when I planned the wedding :)

I am trying to hit up some people I am friends with for raffle prizes, like I have a friend who is the top botox dr in Beverly Hills, so maybe a free treatment. I am waiting to hear back from them. Also, I am really friendly with the people at Jose Eber, they came to do my wedding. So I am wondering how they can say no to a free haircut for a raffle prize, but you never know. If I already have prizes, it will be easier for me to solicit more :)

You are on a ROLL! Great job. What great ideas! I imagine many many places will give you freebies like this, esp. since it is a tax deductible donation. If you offer to include their name or logo on your flyers, website (which we are working on), t-shirts or something, you might get even more responses! Great Great job! I can't wait to hear more!