Research of NS NSCLC with no drivers.

KOP

Forum to discuss treatments, Clinical Trials, and research for Non Squamous NSCLC with no drivers and no response from PDL-1 focused immunotherapy. 

No maintenance so far. I did Chemo and radiation which shrunk the main tumor and lymph nodes. Originally I was told that the cancer had spread and I wasn’t a candidate for surgery. I ended up having such good results that I was able to have an open lobectomy. The surgeon removed upper left lobe and lymph nodes that had been cancerous. That was Oct 2018. I’ve had regular my CT scans and thanks to god and science I’ve been NED. 

Can anybody tell me if one I/O for PDL1 checkpoint didn’t work, does that mean all of them won’t work for a given patient?  They keep coming out with new ones.  I’m told they all work the same.  If that is the case why do we keep seeing more reports on different ones? 

This is my bro also.  Stage 4 NSCLC with no targetable mutations and negative PDL-1 response.  Dx May 2021.  5 treatments of Carbo/Pem/Pex triplet, targeted radiation to 18 brain tumors on 10/5.  Now off the Carbo and just the Alimta & Keytruda infusions every 3 weeks.  Next scans tomorrow.  Still has a chronic cough and more bad days than good of late with pain, fatigue, and cough.  Also has spread to spine.  

Sorry to hear.  Just said a prayer for both of you and your families.   Did he show any response to any of his treatments?

Does anybody have any data or reports on CD66B as a bio marker? I have seen an short article on it being an indicator of poor Immunotherapy response in patients with NSCLC.