Dilation and stent

LadyRoseBlade

Although my car scan showed no evidence of disease or malignancy. (Praise Jesus) it did show that the new lung tissue has twisted and my new airway is a bit smaller than expected.   The surgeon mentioned reconstructive surgery, stent and/or dilation. However since I’m small she wants to wait for the next scan to see if it’s stalled in.  I’m still having wheezing and squeaking and SOB after exercising.  Has anyone had any of these procedures done?   
man’s on Friday I have a thyroid biopsy since the pt scan showed a nodule with severe pickup. Which I guess means dye 

mom a little nervous that this year isn’t over 

LRB/ Susan 

LRB,

So sorry to hear about the twisted tissue and the symptoms you are experiencing.  Has the doctor told you that the "twisted tissue" is the reason for the symptoms?  I remember having similar symptoms after my surgery but by using the spirometer and getting back to a good exercise program the symptoms did diminish over time.  Perhaps someone else has had the same situation (twisted tissue) and can offer some idea of what they may have gone through.  I'm also praying that the thyroid nodule isn't malignant and will be watching for your update.

Lou

LRB,

The spirometer was really an important part of my recovery.  At times, doing it caused me to cough more, but that helped me to clear my lungs and the exercises with it helped me to strengthen my lungs so my breathing was more efficient.  Try to schedule times during the day when you will use it and keep it as a part of your routine.  I found it very useful. 

Lou

Archived