Teri’s daughter here

LexieCat

Hi everyome

Teri’s daughter Steph here. She is still in the hospital and not doing great (though still retaining her sense of humor as much as possible)

Shes currently admitted with pneumonia and they’re looking at inserting a chest tube but they’re worried fluid will continue to accumulate even if they insert the tube. She is not interested in going on a ventilator since her mom was on one before she passed and they’re not sure if she went on it she would be able to ever come off it.

My brother and I are with her now and our uncle (her brother) will be out here tomorrow around noon. Please keep her in your thoughts. We all know she’s certainly strong and brave! I will keep you updated if there are other changes ❤️

Hi Steph.  It’s nice to meet you.  We’ve heard so much about you and your brother over the years.  It’s clear she loves the both of you- it always shines through to us in these forms.  Teri is a source of inspiration to many of us.   We love her!  Please keep us posted and the prayer and juju warriors will kick up the support.   She’s one of the bravest people we know.    ❤️ 

Steph,

Thanks for posting. I recall Teri's (Lexie Cat) post about her admission to the new UPenn hospital wing. She didn't elaborate on why. Now I know and thanks for letting us know of her condition.

I'm praying for your mother to recover...quickly. Thanks for being there to support my friend.

Stay the course.

Tom

Hi Steph,

We are all so appreciative that you posted about your mom. I'm so sorry that she is in the hospital with pneumonia.

She has been dealing with so much and I know how strong and determined she is. Sending you strength and positive energy.

Best,

Rosemary

Dear Steph,

Thank you for your update !  We are all sorry to hear that your Mom is hospitalized and we will all be thinking of her and hoping for the very best.   Please take care !  

~ Lisa

Thanks for this update, Steph. Your arrival was well timed. I hope your mom recovers quickly, she's been through a lot recently, as you know. Thinking of her and all of the family. 

Steph,

I've been thinking about your Mom daily and while I'mm grateful to get this update, I wish things were going better.  As you can see Teri is in a lot of our hearts here and we are all praying and hoping for her to recover from this pneumonia.  Thank you again for the update.

Lou

Steph,

I'm so glad to hear that you and your brother are with Teri . I feel a special connection with her: she had her lobectomy about the same time I had mine and I met her in person at one of the Lungevity conferences in DC.  We all on here appreciate her determination and her sense of humor. She's really an inspiration on this site.  Please give her a hug from me (and for all of her Lungevity family). 

Bridget (AKA Lee)

Hey everyone! Mom read the responses and she was very thankful for all your support. Having myself, her brother, and my brother here really uplifted her spirits. We spent most of the day with her and we met with most of her care team (regular oncologist and rounding hospital team). She was able to talk all day and her voice was much stronger. Things still aren't great but she's currently hoping to mitigate symptoms with weekly low dose carboplatin infusions. She was on carboplatin last year with almost zero side effects so hoping that trajectory continues. ❤

Very happy to hear that you are all there with her and it's helping to lift her spirits!   FAMILY is everything!   Thank you for keeping us updated and please tell her we ALL are send her lots of positive thoughts and hope she will soon be on the mend!      ~   Lisa

Mom had her first carboplatin infusion today and things were like night and day compared to yesterday. Her breathing was better. She was able to talk with her normal volume speaking voice without prolonged breaks in speech or rests. She was able to sing which she said she hadn't been able to do for weeks before she went into the hospital. Her appetite is still a little low but there was a gyro cart outside the hospital (she *LOVES* Greek food) so we mentioned it to her and she said "That's literally one of the only things I've been hungry for". She also wanted some fries with tzatziki sauce. Obviously we went and got it for her. She ate about half and saved the rest for leftovers. The color came back in her skin and much more articulate overall. She's having some memory issues and struggling with technology. I'll keep updating here but if anyone wants to connect on Facebook, you can find me as Stephanie Alexis Burzynski. Thank you all for the support. It means so much to all of us. ❤

Hey all!

Good news. Mom is down to only needing 4 lpm oxygen and at 84% o2sat on room air so she will likely get discharged home either Sunday or Monday.

Her case manager is getting her set up with home palliative care with Bayada and continuing the low dose carboplatin so long as she continues to tolerate it well.

I'm sure as soon as she's home and comfortable she will be back here chatting with you all. 🙂 She's getting a fancy new electric recliner with all the bells and whistles delivered to the house on Saturday. 

Thank you all for all the positive thoughts and support. You all mean a lot to her!

As always, I'll update here if anything changes but things are looking up right now. 

Steph -  Very happy to hear that each and every day seems to show signs of improvement!   Thank you again for keeping up all updated and please let your Mom know her LUNGevity Family is keeping her in our thoughts and very happy that she is improving.  She is so strong and such an inspiration to so many of us.

Please take care of yourself too!

~ Lisa

Thanks Lisa!

FYI she discharged home earlier today. We've got her all set up and she's very comfortable. Palliative care team will be here tomorrow to meet her and get all that going. 🙂

Archived