Susan Jean Cohen

Susan6958

Susan,

Welcome to our forum.  I can't answer your question directly as it is likely to require a lot of reading to become familiar with the mutation you are asking about.  But, we do have a forum specific to EFGR and it can be found here.  I don't guarantee you'll get all you need, but folks there will be best able to answer your questions.

Lou

Susan, EGFR Exon 19 deletion is a fairly common driver mutation for lung cancer, and drugs have been developed to target the mutation. I was diagnosed with Stage IIIB disease 26 months ago. I was treated with chemotherapy and radiation and then started on a targeted therapy drug. I have had No Evidence of Disease (NED) since April. 

You may find the link below helpful. I'm happy to answer specific questions though. 

https://www.lung.org/lung-health-diseases/lung-disease-lookup/lung-cancer/symptoms-diagnosis/biomarker-testing/egfr

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Judy,

I also just found out I have egfr exon 19 deletion. I am stage 1a2 and had lobectomy 5 weeks ago. Do you know what is the 5-year recurrent rate for this? Should I take targrisso as preventative adjuvant?

Susan,

Welcome here.

This is another link to find information on NSC Adenocarcinoma EGFR Exon 19 deletion. Read in particular the right arrow on Treatment options for all tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKIs) effective against EGFR Exon 19 deletion.

Stay the course.

Tom

Minh, I don't know what the recurrence rate is for Stage 1 cancer because I was Stage 3b when diagnosed. I think on another thread it was discussed that the FDA has not approved Tagrisso for Stage 1a after surgery. I hope your oncologist will scan you at regular intervals so they can follow you and catch any recurrence early. Definitely discuss all your options with your oncologist, who ideally should have expertise with EGFR lung cancer. 

Archived