First post surgery/chemo lap swim accomplished. Achievement unlocked!

Me: NSCLC T2b, N0, M0 IIB

My top two goals: 1. Don’t Die  and 2. Get back to the Y for laps.

After last weeks blood test I was given the okay to hit the pool. I cannot put into words how good it felt. It was amazing. Also quite shocked to see my stats (via sports watch) look relatively unchanged other than one big one. No more random huge heart rate spikes out of nowhere. Amazed that with the muscle atrophy and with me losing one lobe I feel quite strong. 

First post treatment CT scan coming up in about a week. Hoping the good times keep rolling.

I can tell you how surprised I was once I started to recover what I used to do (workout 6 days/week; 5 miles and 30 minutes of weights).  In my case it was not immediate, but in a couple of weeks of doing work every day I was up to 4 miles at a clip...then a week or so later I returned to 5 miles.  It's a great feeling and one you just don't expect.  I'm glad to hear about your return to activity.  Keep up the good work.

Lou

22 hours ago, LouT said:

I can tell you how surprised I was once I started to recover what I used to do (workout 6 days/week; 5 miles and 30 minutes of weights).  In my case it was not immediate, but in a couple of weeks of doing work every day I was up to 4 miles at a clip...then a week or so later I returned to 5 miles.  It's a great feeling and one you just don't expect.  I'm glad to hear about your return to activity.  Keep up the good work.

Lou

I was shocked at how good I felt/feel. Just got the call from the doc that my first post treatment ct scans are tomorrow. Kind of took my breath away. 😓*scanxiety*🤪 Oh well, at least I won't have to sit around worrying about it for weeks. 😝 

That's amazing to read about your recovery. It's really true that strength can build on itself quite quickly. 

Thanks for the encouragement! 

Scans this morning and the results beat me home! They were posted to my portal before I was even halfway there. A lot of words but the best six: "No evidence of metastatic disease supported." Yeehaw! 🤠