Bronchoscopy tomorrow

Karen_L

Check-in at 6:30 a.m. Hope to find out what's happening in the small area we thought had been melted but popped up again in the last PET. First time I've had scanziety.... 

Cross your fingers for me,

Karen

2 hours ago, Rower Michelle said:

Everything crossed for you!   We’ve got your back! 

Thanks, Michelle. I appreciate it. 

21 hours ago, Karen_L said:

Check-in at 6:30 a.m. Hope to find out what's happening in the small area we thought had been melted but popped up again in the last PET. First time I've had scanziety.... 

Cross your fingers for me,

Karen

I hope everything went smoothly! Thinking peaceful healing thoughts for you. 

Thanks, friends. All went smoothly. They were able to get a biopsy. We’ll hear if it’s cancerous tomorrow. If so, it then goes out for biomarker testing. 

Karen

They weren't able to biopsy the part of the PET that lit up BECAUSE IT WAS JUST INFLAMMATION! The nodes looked normal and healthy, the middle lobe of the lung that had originally lit up also looked good. The radiologist cautioned that we would be watching the area carefully, but how lovely to have a reprieve. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers....

Thanks Lou, Susan, and Judy.

Video chat with oncologist this afternoon. It'll be interesting to hear what she thinks next steps might be, i.e., when might the next MRI be to keep track of that pesky brain thing that popped up on the PET....

K

Archived