Well - here we go again.Who do I call?

Barb1260

I feel like I’m reliving 38 months ago. had a little upper respiratory and ear thing last week and now symptoms that remind me of my diagnosis days.  dry throat, hoarse voice, dry cough if I talk too much, swollen ankles.  Sure it could be many things but my gut feeling is here we go again. Not sure who to call-PCP, pulmonologist, oncologist?  My thought is oncologist who can get my CT pushed up from May(which would have been my first 6 month interval scan).  I hate this

Barb,

I understand. It seems each little congestive episode takes me back to full blown lung cancer syndrome, even after 18-years of this stuff.

My call would be to my oncologist who would push my CT test upon request. We all hate it but...

Stay the course.

Tom

Barb, 

I can relate! I've had a sinus-cough thing going on for over a week. I was going to wait to talk to anyone-- I have scans in two weeks, so anything new would show up there. I did a home Covid test to rule that out. Then I reasoned that I have lung cancer and a history of pulmonary embolisms, so I should call...who? I've decided I'll always start with the oncologist, because 1) they're really nice; 2) they'll send me to someone who can help me if they need to.  I hope you feel better once you've decided who to call. 

Karen

Hi Karen.Saw the PA at the oncologist’s office yesterday. Moving up the CT just to be on the safe side but thinks it’s probably related to the URI. Said there’s some kind of virus going around, not Covid, that keeps lingering on. Just waiting for insurance to approve. 
Hope you feel better soon and get great scan results 

Barb,

I'm glad you got to see the PA and yes...there are some viruses around lately that are not Covid and can cause the symptoms you describe.  I look forward to hearing the final outcome and have all digits crossed that everything remains clear on that front.

Lou

Archived