Jump to content

Last radiotherapy completed


Recommended Posts

As I left a tray of Danish pastries for the radio staff, and handed back the hospital gown I have used for 35 sessions over 8 weeks I got a bit emotional. It has been really draining, and there have been days where I just couldn’t see the light at the end of the tunnel. But here I am with only minuscule side effects. The last three rounds of SABR were really agonising due to the position I had to hold my arms/shoulders, and the daily waits have been tiring. But my gosh - I am so grateful for the free, friendly and top-of-the line treatment we are given here in the UK. I am now given a three-week break before I go back on Keytruda.

Thank you also to people on here who have checked in and been supportive through this part of my treatment journey.

I’ll have a nap with the cat, a glass of wine and an early night ❤️


Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a great way to show gratefulness for the treatments the people provided.  I'm so glad that you got through with few side-effects and can't want to hear about the scans you will undoubtedly have in the future.  I look forward to good news.  Enjoy the break and I bow to your strength and courage.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are welcome 😊. For some reason the fatigue has now hit me like a sledge hammer. Opening the door for the cat, emptying the dishwasher, going upstairs - each action feels like an enormous project. Went to hairdresser yesterday, and had to sleep for two hours to recover (it’s 20mins walk each way). I am not surprised given the assault of radiation over 8 weeks, but a bit of a shame now that I finally have a bit of time off to do other things and weather is lovely. X

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you Judy,

I have been well enough to do a little trip to Denmark to see my elderly mum, her sister and my dad. It has been weighing on me that the last time I saw her was to break the news of my diagnosis and I think she desperately needed to see me doing just fine. I am still ridiculously tired and sleeping 12 hours a night plus a daytime kip but no longer feeling poorly. So yeah, I know it’ll pass (and eating lots of protein 😊). As always, you guys are such a wonderful support.

Thank you, Rikke

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.