Supraclavicular enlarged nodes

BroFTW

It turns out the happy news didn't last too long for my brother's NED.

After review on the scans of the neck region, the doctor found 2 enlarged nodes, 25mm each.

Visit to the oncologist on Tuesday.

I am hoping that it is not the cancer, but hopes are slim at this point.

Anyone with any experience on such occurances?

An update, oncologist suggested chemotherapy initially.

Dosage 100mg cisplatin and 100mg irinotekan today, and then two weeks 100mg irinotekan for just one day.

Has anyone met such such a scheme for this?

My father had that I believe. It was much more tolerable for him than the harsh triplet he was on. Do you know if your brother has pdl-1 ? If so might immunotherapy be an option ?

Second dosage of chemotherapy tomorrow, irinotekan 100mg.

Brother says that he can feel the lymph nodes are shrinking, which meand it is still sensitive to chemotherapy.

Does not seem that any tissue is involved, hoping it will be sufficient only to be treated with chemotherapy.

Blood results are good.

@KatieBi I am not aware of such tests in my country, unfortunately immunotherapy is not available for sure.

Hello.  I come from Vietnam.  My mother just finished chemotherapy after 4 months with conventional chemotherapy + tecentriq.  Everything is fine, very nice, the tumor is down to 90% and continuing to maintain with tecentriq every 3 weeks.  The cost is huge and insurance doesn't cover it.  The reason is that in Vietnam, people still do not put their trust in drugs whose effects have not been proven to be beneficial, for all patients.  Most immunosuppressants are like that.  So, crank back, it all depends on the unique condition of the patient.  It doesn't always work and for everyone.  If it's not there in Macedonia, it's not something to be afraid of.  However, the good news is that your brother is in the limited stage, it can be maintained very far, my mother is in the metastatic stage.  Let's nurture hopes and live the best days.  With our family. Please pray for us.

Hi Nguyentuan,

Thank you very much for writing.

The first thing I noticed reading the stories from different people ontbe internet is that indeed everyone's journey through this is quite different.

Best wishes to your mom and your family.