Update on my Mom, Scans, 60 B-day & Prayers Needed!

niececola

Hi,

I just wanted to update you quickly on my mom and to ask for some prayers for the upcoming week. We had a wonderful time last Sunday at the wedding we attended and my mom spent all day Monday with my brother and SIL. Her spirits were temporarily lifted, but she was sad again on Wednesday. I think that is the hardest thing for her right now, she never knows what to expect and gets very upset when faced with a difficult day after feeling so good the day before, I am sure many of you here feel the same way. She is fighting each day to regain her strength, both physically and spiritually and that is all we can ask for.

Her 60th birthday is on Monday, March 8th and we are having a big surprise party for her on Sunday. I can't wait, she is looking forward to going to my aunt's for dinner, so I just hope she is not upset when she sees 25 more people there! :D

My mom is due to get her scans on Monday and we are very hopeful this clinical trial is working. She has been taking less and less of her pain medicine, could this be a good sign? She has an appt. Wednesday, so hopefully we will get the results then.

Thank you again for all your prayers, they are so appreciated. I have started printing off more and more from the message board to show my mom, she is truly inspired by what she has heard so far. As always, you are all in my prayers each day.

Denise

Denise

I wish your mom a most happy and wonderful birthday. What a wonderful reason to celebrate.

I understand the ups and downs of emotions with this disease. Not only does Keith feel the change of emotions that can happen at the drop of a hat, but so do I as a caregiver. It is so hard to keep going up and down. Just yesterday Keith told me that he just wants to feel "normal" again. He wants to feel good for a stretch of time and be able to do normal things and plan ahead and not have to think every second of every thought and decision is wrapped around cancer. It is hard.

I can have the most wonderful and beautiful day, one where I am so thankful to God that I am alive, and then tomorrow brings me tears and the depths of depression and hopelessness. Mostly with all the chaos of emotions I feel like I have gone completely mad.

I do think that needing less and less of pain meds, and a decrease in symptoms is a good sign and something to feel hopeful and positive about.

Enjoy Monday and celebrate a day that is a true sample of God's grace, the day of the birth of your wonderful mom.

Denise,

I pray that your celebration tomorrow of your mom's birthday will be a very happy one. Hey, if you're going to go through these roller coaster ups and downs, a celebration of 60 years should at least be a high point, right?! I hope the scans show all the more reason to celebrate on Monday. Prayers coming indeed for you and your family,

BeckyCW

Good Morning,

Just wanted to let you know that the surprise party was a huge success! My mom was not feeling well that morning, but made it to my aunt's house and cried for 10 mins. when she saw all of her loved ones. Her spirits were definitely lifted! :D

Thank you all for the well wishes!

Denise