Jack Had a Heart Attack!

-Cheryl-

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheryl, I sure didn't expect to read this today.

I have high hopes that Jack will do fine with the stints. This is getting to be a common operation now a days. I will keep you both in my prayers and Cheryl, don't go their..... he will be fine.....

Cheryl,

I'm so sorry to hear this news about Jack. It sounds like he is in good hands though and repairs are made for the most part and will be finished on Monday. You need to work on taking care of yourself now too--he's gonna need you to do some things for him for a while. Plus, I'm sure he doesn't want you run down and sick too....Best of luck to both of you. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Holy cow, Cheryl! GOOD wife, pushing the man to go in...(men are SOOOO flippin' stubborn about that, aren't they?? Bet he pushes YOU to go for every little ache and pain...)

You can do this, it's something else for you to focus on...and you KNOW he'll be fine - he's a fighter, he was fighting going in!

Take care,

Becky

Cheryl,

I am so sorry to hear about Jack's heart attack. I will say extra prayers for him and you. I just know that he will be fine.

The work that doctors can do with the cardiovascular system these days is simply amazing. My father has had 5 angioplasties, 2 stinks and an emergency triple bypass surgery. His first angioplasty was almost 20 years ago, and his bypass was about 3 years ago. After each repair, he always claimed that he felt like a new person. He had more energy and stamina than he had in a while. He never noticed he was short of energy and feeling bad until he had the post procedure lifestyle to compare it to. Unfortunately, against all of my families pleadings he refuses to change his lifestyle that puts him at risk for heart problems. He is a 50+ year smoker, loves his fried eggs, real butter, caffeine coffee, bacon etc....

Jack is a strong young man. He will pull through this with flying colors and be more aware of his body in the future.

I will be thinking of you, and praying.

All my love to you both

Carleen

Cheryl,

What a terrible shock. I'm praying for Jack to be back in top form soon. He's lucky to have you, and you're lucky to have him -- and let's keep it that way! Like the others have said, such major advances have taken place in treating heart problems. One of my uncles has had heart bypass surgery before, and he's in this 80s now, and putting younger men to shame. :wink: It's no easy thing, I know, but keep your chin up and like Norme said, "Don't go there." Jack's going to pull through this, with your help. Hang in there! My prayers are with you both,

BeckyCW

(((((((((((Cheryl))))))))))))))

Hope Jack feels better real soon, and surgery Monday goes well.

Sounds like a good thing you caught it early.

I am glad you pushed him to the hospital.

I bet he is now, too. :)

You remember to take care of yourself too, hon.

Wish I could help with the animals too.

You are both in my prayers...

XOXOXOXOX

MaryAnn

Hello my Dear Friends,

Jack is doing pretty good, despite "LEAVING THE HOSPITAL AGAINST MEDICAL ADVICE!!!!" He still has one more artery blocked 90%, which will be fixed Monday. He was supposed to stay in the hospital till Tuesday.

Jack is just about the most stuborn man I have ever known. I am so scared he is going to have another heart attack while at home. I couldn't sleep a bit last night, waiting for him to take his next breath. He is so depressed and crouchy. Thank you so much for the encouragement. This has been such a scarey experience to say the least, but it sounds like it can be managed. Thanks again! I will post more later.

Cheryl

Oh my gosh, Cheryl! How scary for you both, but it sounds as though the doctors are on top of it and he will be just fine very soon! But he may be converting to your way of eating after all, it would seem :roll:

You are both in my thoughts and prayers!

Take care,

Heather

Jack is home and doing well. He insisted on driving home yesterday! He also got a ticket which set him off. I was scared to death he was going to have another heart attack. Two officers pulled us over with a radar guns on the middle of Lake Ray Hubbard Bridge! These guys were Dallas Co. Police in Rockwall Co! Jack of course said some explicatives about the danger of their actions, and the one writting the ticket threw his license and rgistration into the car. I had to duck to keep from getting hit. Jack had to pull over because he thought he might pass out. I told the officer of his heart condition, but he could care less. I cannot believe this happened. thank God Jack is home and seems fine. I am at work and must get off the computer now.

Cheryl

Cheryl, I realized you didn't log in, but of course we all know you two. Thanks for the pudate. One of the things I had to learn after my heart attack, besides eating and exercise, was to control my temper. It is hard to do, but when I start to fume, I remind myself I am a heart patient. Then I take the deep breath and try to be assertive instead of aggressive. A flared temper can lead to another attack. It is not worth it. Best to you both. Don

Guest Karen C

Cheryl, what a shock! I can see that Jack certainly is stubborn! I hope he takes care of himself, you need him way too much! It sounds like something NOT to be taken lightly, but something that can be fixed. I pray that he does take care of himself so he can continue to take care of you.

God Bless and prayers,

Karen C.

So glad Jack is back home and wishing him a speedy recovery. Tell him to try to stay calm. You know I respect law enforcement officials, but sometimes they forget people may be having tough times and need to give them a break. They have tough jobs, but we have tough times too! Wishing you both the best and prayers to you!

Good grief, girl, what a roller coaster ride just getting home!!

Still, glad Jack is home, and he'll rest more comfortably there until he goes for the other stent.

He's probably pissed off that he's mortal too. Hits people that way sometimes.

I keep you in my prayers.

Hang tough, both of you.

XOXOXOX

MaryAnn