Getting help with mom....

Well, it seems that I am finaly getting some help with mom. Hospice has set up a sitter in the morning and they will be bringing in the nurses for continous care. They will stay around the clock for 3 days. Then they will have to leave unless mom's condition changes.

They have given her a week to live. I think they saw that I am having a nervous break down...... still no family around to help... thank goodness for hospice.

Has anyone ever noticed that on most tv shows, they have some reference to death? It never fails that I will put on a show for mom and me to watch and all of a sudden, either someone dies or they talk about death. Never noticed that before. She doesn't really watch tv, it's just that I know she can hear it. She will repeat something they have said every once and awhile. She was saying "yo" from that check card comercial the other day. That was kind of cool, I never thought I would here my mother say "YO".

I am in a fog right now. I just re-read my message and it doesn't make a lot of sence and I can't spell every other word. Sorry for the non sence and I didn't really have anything to say. Just wanted to say something so that I wouldn't feel so alone tonight.

It is 5:15 EST. I will go sit at the chat room at 7:00 if someone would like to talk, about anything.... anything at all!!!! thanks

I am so sorry for your pain Renee...Your heart must be breaking....I know what you mean about references to death always on T.V. I dont think we gave it much thought before LC....I dont know what to say help you through this....I dont think I could say anything to help your pain... just know I truly am sorry....God Bless....cathy

I am so sorry about your mom. Hospice is great. We used it with my dad. It's a shame your family isn't there. It must be hard not having help. It was a nightmare with my dad for 1 week and I had the whole family-mom, 3 siblings and their families, my family and a bunch of cousins.

Take care and I'll say an extra prayer .

Rosanne

Renee, I am so sorry for your pain. Hospice is good. We had it for Lucie's mom and they helped Lucie as well as her mom. So don't hesitate to ask questions and get support from Hospice. They are there for you as well. And our little group here is here for you ,too. Don

Renee,

I am sorry that you are going through this but you won't regret spending the time with your mom

I am kinda new here and I have posted to you a couple of times. I have been following the progress with you and your mom since I signed on.

Your story has been very captivating to me. You might know that I lost my mom in April soI feel I have a sence of what you are going through. I do realize that every situation is unique just as every person is unique.

Some of my moms final days we watched her favorite soap "One Life To Live" and they did discuss death, and she also would repeat words or sayings awhile after she had heard them. Sometimes she would look at me a wrinkle her nose and shake her head when she said them. It was like she felt compelled to say it but didn't know why she was saying it. One of the things she said after spending the night in the hosp with a loud roommate is "what's oxycotton?" I tryed to quietly explain that it was a pain medication that Karen her roommate was taking with out letting Karen hear that we were talking about her. Mom wasn't understand tact at the time.

The people from hospice told me to play some music that mom liked, that it helped her to feel happy and in more control. I stayed awake most of the night before she passed away listening to 50's music, then about 3:00 a.m. I changed it to classical thinking it might be better for resting.

Being there when my mom passed away was mom's last gift to me. I might sound awful to somone who hasn't experienced it but it was very peaceful.

Renee, do ask hospice questions about what will take place and any other questions that you can think of. They can prepare you so that you will know exactly what is happening.

I am praying for you and your sweet mom.

(((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))) Shelly

Guest canuckwebgrrl

Renee,

If I had seen your message yesterday I would have gone on chat. I'm sending positive, strengthening vibes your way.