Lung Cancer on Lifetime

gail

Am watching Lifetime for Women's movie marathon==can you tell I'm home by myself??? :lol: Anyway, the advertisement for Strong Medicine (Sunday nights at 10PM my time), shows one of the doctors with possible lung cancer. I have no idea how the show is or will be. Just thought it interesting to watch the previews.

gail

I saw it. She had a cough and they made her get an xray. The xray looked pretty scarey, and they felt it was lung cancer. While she was on the table getting ready for the lung biopsy, the doctor rushed in to tell her it wasn't lung cancer, but some kind of infection that attacks the lungs. It has a name. She will be on antibiotics.

At least the used the word lung cancer on TV, and no mention of SMOKING!!!

gail

The lung disease you're talking about could be one called "Fungal Granuloma". I have a friend who lost 5% of her lung last year when the Cleveland Clinic convinced her she had lung cancer....then operated and found FG rather than cancer. Fungal Granuloma is treatable with long-term heavy antibiotics....but I've heard there are some patients who never recover. My friend believes she contracted FG from going fishing with her father for years and years. They were always traipsing through brushpiles to get to a fishing hole somewhere. One of the causes of FG is said to be bird /duck droppings....the idea being a person would inhale the fungus somehow. She was the only other Pulmonary Hypertension patient with lung cancer that I was able to find after my own dx in July. Since her surgery in Dec......and her FG Dx.....I've gone back to being the only PH patient doctors count as "living with lung cancer".