Need some words of comfort please....

lukejames

I'm in tears now, such kind and miracle words.  Thank you LouT.  My pulmonary doctor has scheduled more tests like a needle biopsy, Interventional radiology, to see what it is, maybe a virus, infection, not sure.  Thanks again everyone, God Bless!

Hey everyone,

I hope everyone is okay.  Just an update.  I am still going to have my second biopsy on the 20th this month with a needle through the chest to the lung nodule in question for a sample.  I just got a call from my Pulmonary doctor's office about some blood work (they came to my home about 2 weeks ago to take the blood), and she said that the results are that there is Low Risk, Medium Rish, and Hight Risk.  She said I am in the Medium Risk.  They used the Biodesix blood test.  My Pre-Test Risk for Pulmonary Nodule Malignancy is 33% (5% Very Low Risk to 65% High Risk).  My Test Result-Post Nodify XL2 Risk of Malignancy is 21% (5% Very Low Risk to 65% High Risk).  Still, I feel like I am standing on the edge of a cliff, wondering what is going on.   I said I thought they ruled out cancer, she said we will not know all for sure until all the tests are done.  So, I am trying not to be scared, but still hopeful that whatever is in me that it is early enough for them to remove it, etc.  I will get through this.  Thanks.

Luke,

Your doctor is correct.  The Gold Standard test for malignancy is a biopsy.  We'll keep all digits crossed for you.  The diagnostic process can often seem confusing and or lengthy beyond patience, but it is necessary to make sure that they have a clear understanding of the disease and the aspects that help determine the most effective treatment.  Staying hopeful will NEVER hurt you, especially in the long-run.  Hang in there Luke.

Lou

It sounds like your care givers are keeping close watch over you. Waiting is hard. Try to do something you enjoy—that can help shift your focus away from worrying.

Karen

Hey everyone.  I hope you are doing well.  I have the results of the first biopsy they did on 4.7.22, I am still waiting for the results of the needle biopsy they did on 4.20.22.  I hope some light can be shed on these.  

Specimen: Chest, Right lung upper lobe nodule transbronchial biopsies, 2 TP slides

Final Diagnosis

Right lung, upper lobe, nodule, transbronchial biopsies:

-Fragments of benign lobulated lung parenchyma.

-No granulomas or evidence of malignancy are identified.

Specimens: A) - Chest, Right lung upper lobe transbronchial needle aspiration
B) - Chest, 4R Paratracheal lymph node transbronchial needle aspiration

Statement of Adequacy

A. Satisfactory for evaluation.

B. Satisfactory for evaluation.

Diagnostic Category

A. Negative for Malignancy.

B. Negative for Malignancy.

Final Diagnosis

A. Lung, right upper lobe, fine needle aspiration and cell block:
-Satisfactory for evaluation.
-Negative for malignancy.

-Few groups of benign respiratory epithelial cells.

B. Lymph node, 4R paratracheal, fine needle aspiration and cell block:
-Satisfactory for evaluation.

-Lymphocytes present.

What scares me is "Lymphocytes present".  It sounds scary. hanging on.  Thank you. 

Thanks LouT, not sure what most of the biopsy results mean, but I am 90% sure there is no cancer.  I will find out on the 27th when I see my Pulmonary Doctor about all of the test results.  Just don't know what are the "wording" of the above biopsy means.  Thank you.

Luke,

I wouldn't worry about lymphocytes. Everyone has them and they are cells that do the heavy lifting in our immune system. They are typically found in lymph nodes. The key words in your report are "negative for malignancy."

Stay the course.

Tom 

Hey Everyone,

I got the results back today at my Pulmonary Doctor visit a moment ago.  His words where "Go out and live your life, No worries"!   He said you have no tumors are cancer.  You have:    Necrotizing granulomatous inflammation of lung (CMS-HCC) Which means there is allot of dead cells, build up from Occupational dust which makes sense because my job is a factory that makes paper cans and the dust in the air along with the chemicals for 18 years, I guess caught up with me.  He also said, lose weight and find another job.  I agree 1000%.  I guess I am in the clear...Im in tears, happy tears.  I cannot thank everyone here enough for being by my side through this.  God Bless you all and Thank You!

Great news, congratulations! 

FYI, my late father was a pressman at a paperboard company for his entire career, in a factory setting that sounds a lot like yours. While he did have COPD late in life, he lived to age 99. 

Wishing you many years of good health. 

Thank you JudyM2.  Wow, 99 years I hope I do as well.  Yes, the factory where I work is filled with paper, wood chip dust and chemicals from the process of making paper cans for the food packaging industry.  When they blow the machines down that make the cans, the dust is so thick and everywhere that it floats at the ceiling.  Really bad and I can't wait to retire there in about 5-6 months while I still can.  

Thank you BridgetO for your kind words.  I took a long walk in the park yesterday, first time in a long time!  Even though my Pulmonary Doctor gave me great news, he did not (fully) explain what this means from the CT needle biopsy on 4.20.22 and it is in the back of my mind now:

-Organizing pneumonia with necrotizing granulomas; 

-AFB, GMS and PAS stains negative for organisms.

As always I thank you for your experienced insight and God Bless!

Hi Luke. Keep in mind, as always, that we're not medical professionals here, but I'll tell you what I think. A granuloma is an area of tissue with inflammation. Necrosis means tissue is dying. I'm not familiar with organizing pneumonia, but Dr Google seems to say that steroids are sometimes used for it. I suggest that you ask your pulonologist for an explanation and any possible treatments. 

If I recall correctly, you work in a very dusty environment. You could ask your pulmonologist if this could have caused this. if it did, you might have a Worker's Comp claim.

Bridget

Thank you BridgetO, that is kind of of what I found out also.  I think it is just a deposit of dust, infection that over time got hard, and I pray that it eventually disappears on its own.  My Pulmonary Doctor offered no treatment for this, and said that's it, where done.