Husband just lost his best friend.

Nushka

My husband last talked to his best friend on Jan 23rd. He called today to see why he hadn't heard from him and found that he had died yesterday. He was diagnosed with adenocarcinoma with multiple mets late Jan and had had WBR and some chemo. The chemo knocked out his WBC count and gave him pancreatitis. We are still in shock. He was 56 years old and had been afraid of doctors all his life. The first time in years that he went for an exam they found this terrible disease. Those of us that have been given a little time are so lucky to have that time. He will be missed. And to be honest with you all it scared the crap out of me as well. I am the one without proper scans. Now I wonder if I want to know. Just had to vent a little. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Nushka

Sorry for your loss (and your husband's). Seems like this stuff can move so quickly sometimes when it takes off. I know a lot of people have mixed feelings about wanting to know if they have cancer or not. I feel so blessed that my dad found out (rather quickly for SCLC) and faced out head-on and my entire family was very open with the illness and what we were facing. This board really helped pull us through and understand. My family had more time to grieve together as one while my dad was ill. We laughed and cried together and when he took a quick turn for the worse, seems like the bond and the grieving helped pull us through his death. I draw strength from my dad every day and am so proud of his attitude and mind-set during his illness. Prayers to your family!