Topotecan Round 3

MO_Sugar

I go in at 8:30am tomorrow for round 3 but I have a feeling I may be getting a couple units of blood instead! I can tell my counts are WAYYYYYYY down so I think they will refill me in the morning. Side effects have not been to bad (except constipation) so I am sure they will continue treatment on Thursday if I get blood tomorrow.

I will let ya know!!

Thanks all for the prayers and good wishes!

God Bless you all,

MO

Hi Mo,

Good to hear the side effects aren't to bad. Mine weren't either except for the low counts & man could I tell when they went down!!! There is nothing like the feeling you get from gassing up on a couple units!!! Good luck. All my best & positive energy coming your way. Rachel

Well, I was right (mark it on the calendar!!). Instead of chemo I got 2 units of packed red cells. My platelets are down to 34 (should be 150 - 450) and my HGB (red cells) were down to 8.3 (should be 12 - 16). I will have to wait till the 18th for the next round of chemo. They also started me on Aranesp to try and build up my red cells. I understand it to be like Procrit but you get it every 2 weeks instead of every week. We will give that a few weeks and see what happens!

All in all it was a relaxing day cause I usually nap through the transfusion, lol. Now I am ready to GO!!!

God Bless,

MO