Coughing after Surgery

Chris_M

Hi everyone, 

I am scheduled for Robot assisted wedge resection and potential lobectomy 6/1/22. I have been doing some research and was curious if anyone here developed chronic coughing after your procedure and if so does anything help relieve it? I am so close to canceling this and just monitoring the spot. Not sure I can do this. 

Chris,

Coughing after lung cancer surgery is unfortunately a side effect but it rarely lasts. Therefore, I'm not sure chronic coughing is something to be worried about. How does one relieve temporary coughing or coughing when encountering adverse environmental conditions? Here are some suggestions.

Stay the course.

Tom

Chris,

You have a chance of finding out if this is a malignancy sooner rather than later.  In my case I couldn't find out fast enough.  I think you are stronger than you believe you are.  Early diagnosis and treatment is a great leverage for long-term prognosis.  If you are strongly considering cancelling please speak with your doctor first and share all your concerns.

Lou

• 6 months later...

I had a wedge resection last July. Havent had any issues. I wont lie the healing process was no walk in the park. i moved from the bed to the couch and back for at least 2 weeks and thaty was about it but about 2 months out I was feeling like I had made it. Ive had a craniotomy and a laminectomy since and the spinal surgery was definitely the worst. Every procedure or treatment Ive said I wont do again but everytime they throw something new at me I try it. I have a 9 year old Id like to see go to college 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.