My Dad's got Stage 4 NSCLC, with brain metastases to the Brain

Cody foote

Hi everyone, its been a while since my last update on Dad. Dads doing really well, the oncologist team are certain that the Gamma knife surgery has been successful and have now put dad back to Stage 3b which is just fantastic news! We're hopeful that Dad will stay at Stage 3b and continue improving and getting better. He's now been off his steroids for 2 weeks now and he's still doing amazing. His arm and his leg are still working as normal. Which is an absolute positvie. I'm so proud of Dad. He's come such a long way with his journey. And has smashed every hurdle thrown at him.

He had a Ct scan on Monday and are now awaiting for results. Which can take 10 days. Which is a pain! But we've all got our digits crossed. And praying for continous shrinking with his lymph nodes and his lung tumor. Thank you all for your support with Dad, this site has been a real help during this dreadful and upsetting journey. We hope that our journey will help others as much as you've helped us.

many thanks Cody x

Thank you cody your an amazing son and a best friend you have been a great support, I'm very lucky to have you by my side I love you so much it hurts, I couldn't have done any of this without you and the rest of my amazing family x

Loads of love 

Dad xxxx

Thanks Lisa 

I did ring today to find out if there was any news for an appointment or results yet,  they told me hopefully next Thursday or the Thursday after seems like a long time to wait or I've been forgotten or lost in the system, but waiting is horrible, 

Hope your well take care Justin x 

Thanks Karen I got the results yesterday and there is no spread to anywhere else and the original tumor has shrunk a bit more so I'm quite happy at the moment, I've got mri on my brain on the 29th june to see how everything is going but the oncology team are really happy with how everything is going, I'm been off the steroids for 3 weeks and there seems to be no issues so far I'm still on the antiseizure tablets, I do have a bit of a swollen face and neck still and last night I had trouble swallowing for some reason, I hope your doing well and enjoying life 

Take care Justin x