Cisplatin and Vinorelbine

LilyMir

Hi everyone,

Has anyone had a Cisplatin and Vinorelbine (Navelbine®) chemo protocol? I am wondering how tough the coming 3 months (four 21-day cycles) might be! Thanks for sharing your experience, if any.

Hi lily 

I had cisplatin and vinorelbine for 2 months I was supposed to have 3 months of treatment but they were happy with the results after 2 months I also had radiotherapy alongside it, I didn't find it to bad to be honest, it was a bit tough when you first take it but it does get better over a couple of days, I didn't lose my hair but it did thin out a little, I hope you cope and respond to the treatment well,goodluck with everything and keep us updated all the best

Take care Justin x 

Thanks Justin! I am terrified to be honest but it seems not everyone has the horrors of chemo one keeps hearing about. I am so glad your experience was not that bad.

They told me my hair won't fall out, I hope so, with long curly black hair, my kid will be quite scared if I suddenly became bald! I will prepare him just in case. They said mainly fatigue, and possible reaction that may happen with cisplatin in which case we switch to another one. However their leaflet had a lot of other symptoms from nausea, blood issues to watch out for stroke, heart issues etc so I got rather spooked. I guess reading the pamphlet of any medication, even Advil or Tylenol, would spook me too so hoping it will be not too hard of a chemo Summer! 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.