Well, just damn.

G.A.M.

I was NED in early Feb, and my subsequent CT was scheduled for late July.

I've been getting light-headed when standing lately and passed out Tuesday evening, hitting the floor hard. I broke my right wrist, my eye socket fractured, badly bruised my right hip, and a tiny brain bleed. A CT also revealed a 2.5cm mass in my right lung and 2 impacted lymph nodes.

So here I am again.

Hearing it now was easier than the first time, but it stripped me of my hope, which really hurt. When I first heard the news, I asked for two things. To see my grown son again and to watch my baby daughter graduate from college with her engineering degree. Both happened in May, and I'm good to go if I must.

Hi Glenn,

I am so very sorry to hear about what happened to you.  I sure hope your wounds are healing as you took one hell of a fall.  I can only imagine how hard it is to hear that the LC is active again.  I get my next scans in August and it's my first annual scan and that makes me nervous for the exact reason you're citing.  But, please don't give up hope.  Have you had a clear diagnosis and treatment plan explained to you?  Unless you have been informed otherwise there is always hope in a different treatment, approach or even a trial.  Please stay in touch, you don't have to go through this alone.  There are still a lot of memories for you to make.

Lou

GAM,

Well, this situation just sucks!

You can choose to be "good to go" but you might want to consider locking and loading and proceeding purposefully down range to engage and destroy your lung cancer again. You've got choices!

Stay the course.

Tom

Just damn for sure, Glenn! I understand how discouraged you must be, with both your injuries and a recurrence. I agreue with Tom that althought you're "good to go" you've got choices. I hope you'll get back with your oncologist(s) ASAP and find out what treatments there are for you. Hang in there!

So sorry to hear! If there are tolerable treatments, why not go after this cancer too? Science is advancing so fast, who knows what cures may be awaiting us all soon. There were amazing new stories of cancer breakthroughs just this past week. Keep up the hope!

11 hours ago, Karen_L said:

What's next re: the stupid cancer? 

Karen

I had a CT Scan of my pumpkin y'day. Brain bleed is small but persistent. 

Re the cancer, I can't get a PET scan until the 2nd week of July. I'm unhappy about that.

Regards

7 hours ago, G.A.M. said:

Re the cancer, I can't get a PET scan until the 2nd week of July. I'm unhappy about that.

Jeez, I would be too. Is there another place that could do it?

At the same time, at the very beginning, when I was undergoing tests etc., I remember feeling like the pace was glacial even though one of the physician's assistants assured me the process I was experiencing was lightning-quick. 

Talk to other docs if you need, and keep us posted!

28 minutes ago, Karen_L said:

Is there another place that could do it?

I received a letter from Blue Cross/Blue Shield today denying both a PET and CT scan. My Oncologist hasn't proven that there is a medical necessity to the anonymous Doctor who has never examined me. I don't know how long its will be now.

I'm trying to remain calm. 

Your oncologist needs to get his or her butt on the phone and have a long conversation with Dr. Anonymous. I know my radiologist had to, in order to give the more advanced treatment she preferred. 

Are you bound to the oncologist or can you find someone different? 

I'm sure other folks will have more thoughts....

Don't quit-- 

The irony is that CT scans are not expensive. PET scans are. If your oncologist isn't successful with the appeal and you can afford it, it is possible to pay out of pocket. I had a chest CT scan done a couple of years ago for $125.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...