Metastatic skin cancer to lung

chani

Hello...

I want to ask if anyone out there who posts, or anyone who just reads without posting has or knows anything about metastatic skin cancer to the lung. I post to many boards but I have yet to find anyone who has this type of cancer. This is the type of cancer that my father has and I continue to search for someone who has this type also. :?

Thank you,

Chani

Sorry we all have Lung Cancer. The lungs are one of the most frequent site for metastatic cancer but in skin cancer , it is still skin cancer , where ever it spreads to. Best to look under skin cancer for the treatments, chemos etc will be those used for skin cancer. Perhaps Melanoma. Good Luck. Donna G

Hi Donna,

I've been posting here for a couple months. Maybe taking the chance to see if someone out there knows anything using this board is in someway disrespectful. It is not meant that way at all. I know everyone here has lung cancer. For the last year I have searched under skin cancers, the head and neck because it spread to his neck. I search everywhere but let me tell you...I cannot find his kind of cancer anywhere and one of the reasons is it is easily curable when caught early and most times it is. I search and learn as much as I can from any site or board because sometimes someone will say something or use certain words pertaining to cancer in general that I did not know existed and then I put those words into google and find out what they mean...from there I search more and more. I'm very aware that my dads cancer is not lung cancer but sometimes people just lurk in boards and never post and if there is a chance that someone with metastatic skin cancer to the lung is lurking just to learn too I thought it was worth the chance to post just to see. Anything is worth the chance for me to ask because I just never know what I might find. I do not confuse the two--lung cancer and metastatic skin cancer to the lung. I've learned a tremendous amount about all kinds of cancers as I went and go on my way searching to learn whatever I can. This can only benifit me if someday myself or anyone else in my family gets cancer. I have a sister with breast cancer too, and one with a pre cancer of the cervix. I started out researching totally blind with hardly any real information about my dads cancer and I was frantic too, but from the months of research I have learned that it seems like there are more facets to cancer then there are grains of sand. I will never have conversations with anyone in boards causing any confusion. I read post here but don't post that often. People are kind here and there are many supporters like me.

Chani

This article is old, but I have heard that some targeted therapies have worked for skin cancer. What kind of skin cancer? I am guessing it is melanoma?

dacarbazine is one of the drugs used. IL-2 and other vaccines are in trials I think. You can search www.clinicaltrials.gov

http://www.mpip.org/topframeset.shtml?h ... ccine.html

http://www.mpip.org/topframeset.shtml?h ... eakingnews

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 075955.htm

http://www.mpip.org/topframeset.shtml?n ... entis.html

Hi Chani-

My grandpa had skin cancer that went to the lungs...this was 15 years ago. At that point though, it had spread many other places.

I don't find it in any means disrespectful for you to use this board. Cancer is an emotional nightmare and you've come to a place where we all know what an emotional drain this all is.

Oncolink.org seems to be a good resource.

Have you seen this? This sounds extremely promising!!!

http://www.oncolink.org/resources/artic ... &year=2004

Here's a link to clinical trials, I assumed your Dad has melanoma.

http://www.oncolink.org/types/subsectio ... =63&ss=500

Here's a link to a vaccine for skin cancer

http://www.oncolink.org/resources/artic ... &year=2004

Hi Chani,

I don't have any info for you - I'm new to this cancer business myself, but I did want to wish your Dad the very best. I think it's wonderful that you're researching and looking for ways and means to help him. I have had a lot of not just support but also research from my sisters and words cannot convey how much it has meant to me.

I'm sure the previous posters have provided some valuable links for you to check.

PS. Being an avid animal lover, I also wanted to tell you I think your dog is beautiful!

My dads cancer is squamous cell carcinoma. My dad is pretty stubborn though and has not been interested in anything that I have given him to check out over the last year up until now. The radio frequency abulation is something he has just mentioned that he would like to check out, but I don't know when he plans to do this. I just keep looking for him and to stay ahead of the game. I have recieved lots of information from people on this board and I keep all websites and information. I give most of it to my dad too so he has it all at his house. I try not to overload him with discussions about it unless he shows an interest. Thank you for the new information and comments!!

Chani

Chani,

I don't think anyone said it was "Disrespectful" of you to be on this board. I'm sorry you felt you had to defend yourself. I honestly understand where your coming from in the fight for your dear dad's cancer. I am sure he is a very grateful father to have a caring daughter such as you.

Being your father has skin cancer rather then lung cancer, this may just be confusing to some of our members as to what they can do to help you.

I know NO ONE means ANY DISRESPECT in your efforts. And I know we are all supportive of anyone that has to live being a cancer survivor.

I would like to suggest to you that maybe you should or could talk to your dad's doctor's and POINT BLANK ask them WHERE YOU CAN GO TO FIND THE INFORMATOIN YOU ARE LOOKING FOR! OR, maybe check out a nearby Cancer Center, or call a Cancer Center or 2 and ask if you can talk with a Social Worker, maybe they can link you to a site or place. They MIGHT have some help for you. Have you tried looking at University Hospital Websites under SKIN CANCERS? I am sure you have been bounced all over the place, from what you say, but again, as I mentioned to you when you first joined our family, that we may NOT have the answers your looking for either, being your dad doesn't have lung cancer. And YES I know you understand that! Sadly enough, as much as I too wish ALL cancers were treated the same, they can and are APPLES and ORANGES in many of the treatments.

At the Hospital I do my Support Group at, they have what is called the Cancer Resource (Library) Center. They have allllll kinds of books and websites and information and help in all areas of cancer. Maybe a hospital near you offers the same thing?! Might be worth checking out.

I hope some of this information helps you in your search for answers.

Hi, I have a list of the rfa lung centers I can give you. I am not that techy though so the only way I can think to send it to you is to pm you and forward the original e-mail. I think that would work. I know there is a better easier way, but I can try this. Good luck.