MRI SCAN

Justin1970

Hi all I have my 3 month MRI scan on Wednesday to see what's happened since the gamma knife radiosurgery in February hopefully everything will be good and no more brain mets have appeared, I get the results July 14th so will update then, hope everyone is doing well

take care Justin 

Good luck, Justin. I had mine not long ago and everything was great. I hope the same is true for you. (And I cannot get over how long it takes you to get test results! Mine are usually in my online chart the same day of the test! Medical systems operate so differently.)

Karen

Hi and thank you all for your good wishes and support, I hope I get some good news I'm getting fed up with this journey now just seems to be one thing after another, I will update everyone as soon as I get some news many thanks and take care 

Justin x 

Good luck, Justin. Will be crossing my fingers. I just got my 3 month post lung CT results, and although the doc said it all looked as expected and fine, he couldn’t give me more detail as my lungs were still showing signs of inflammation. Hope you get more specific info.

Hi All

Quick update I had the mri yesterday to see what's going on with brain mets since having gamma knife, I had contrast dye everything was alright until last night when all of a sudden I came over all hot and tingling sensation in my body also had a sort of muscle spasm in my arm which I thought was the onset of a seizure but it just stopped and I felt alright, I just wondered if anyone else has had similar experience after an MRI

many thanks Justin 

Good point Just makes. It is worth reporting this event to your doctors Justin. Some people develop allergy to the contrast agent. This could be a new agent or one used before so best to know and plan for future imaging.

Thankyou for the replies I did ring the cancer nurse today and she said pretty much what you are saying that I coul have had a reaction to the contrast and didn't drinkenoughwater to flush it out of my system, I do feel a lot better today thankfully and haven't had any other issues many thanks judy and lily for your messages 

Take care Justin x

How scary for you Justin. Glad everything is alright. As Judy pointed out, contrast is in short supply at the present time. I had my CT scan with different contrast and have my brain MRI coming up the end of July.