Stage IIIA, T1cN2Mx squamous cell carcinoma of the left lower lobe

Phil s.

Good Afternoon,

My name is Phil I’m 62 and was diagnosed with Lower Left lobe stage 3A squamous cell carcinoma. I have had two chemo sessions since diagnosis with neoadjuvant treatment with Opdivo, carboplatin, and Taxol2 and ZIEXTENZO (pegfilgrastim-bmez) day after treatment. This is in preparation for surgery to remove a less than 5cm mass. Has anyone had this or similar treatment and surgery for nsclc? 
Honestly very anxious and scared about surgery.

Thank you Phil

Phil,

Welcome here. Eighteen years ago, I was diagnosed with Stage IIIB squamous cell NSCLC. I had pre surgical chemo and radiation and after had my right lung removed. 

I completely understand anxious and scared. No surgery is a picnic. Here are some tips and tricks to prepare and heal quickly.

Let us know how things progress.

Stay the course.

Tom

9 hours ago, Tom Galli said:

Phil,

Welcome here. Eighteen years ago, I was diagnosed with Stage IIIB squamous cell NSCLC. I had pre surgical chemo and radiation and after had my right lung removed. 

I completely understand anxious and scared. No surgery is a picnic. Here are some tips and tricks to prepare and heal quickly.

Let us know how things progress.

Stay the course.

Tom

Tom Thank you for this info it will help very much