I'M SO GLAD I FOUND THIS BOARD

Guest CATHY D

Guest CATHY D

HI EVERYONE,

I'M NEW TO THIS MESSAGE BOARD AND WISH I COULD HAVE FOUND IT IN OCT, WHEN MY WONDERFUL DAD WAS DIAGNOSED WITH NSCLC.BUT THATS OK, BETTER LATE THAN NEVER. THERE HAVE BEEN AFEW THINGS I WAS CONCERNED ABOUT. THEY DIDNT KNOW HOW BAD MY DAD WAS UNTIL HIS SURGERY TO REMOVE THE TUMOR. ONCE THEY WERE IN THEY DID REMOVE 3/4 OF HIS LUNG AND PART OF THE DIAPHRAM. THEY TOLD US HE WAS STAGE 3 AB, AND THAT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER TO NOT OPERATE BUT ONCE THEY WERE IN THERE AND HE HAD TO RECUPERATE ANYWAY, THEY FELT THEY SHOULD CONTINUE. FROM EVERYTHING I HAVE RESEARCHED IT SEEMS RADIATION SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIRST. HE DID START RADIATION LAST WEEK AND IS DOING VERY WELL. FROM WHAT I'VE BEEN READING THEY STAGE THE CANCER AFTER THE BIOPSY. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAD ANY SIMILIAR EXPERIENCES. THANKS FOR LISTENING.... CATHY

Hi Katie.... thanks for replying back. I have been on these boards a week and have felt so much better, just knowing we are not alone in this fight, is such a comfort It's just dfferent to be able to talk to people who know how your feeling and what your going through and I hope I can give comfort as well. When I first joined the boards I wasnt really sure how to post a message and I didnt log in for my first message. Anyway my other posting are under "cathy..." My dad goes to the onc. tomorrow after his radiation. Maybe I'll have good news to share. Thanks for caring cathy.........