Asking for Help

Elaine

I know this is just a shot in the dark, but I really am just praying that someone can help. I need a new Primary Care Dr. I need one desparately who has some idea or compassion about lung cancer. My HMO only allows me to make two changes per year, so I want to make the change a good one. I went to the DR yesterday, and I will never go back to a Doctor again, unless I have someone who is decent and who won't make me feel the way I feel today and yesterday. I dont trust the HMO case manager to or her recommendations, I would rather hear it from a patient or family member who has been on this road.

Elaine

Thanks John

I did try that and to no avail. They don't keep such a list. Maybe it is something we could do here. Maybe it wouldn't be good to have it public, but maybe it is a list that we could send out or give referrals from to anyone who asks. We know how important good drs are, and so many here have them. I think I will email RIck or Katie. I have seen such lists on other sites, for other diseases,

Elaine

I would think that if there is a Cancer support group at the hospital you might get recommendations from some of the members? Being new to an area puts you at a disadvantage but that is one place I would look. You might also see if there is a physician referal agency in town and they can sometimes give good recommendations.

I really lucked out and got wonderful Doctors. I will be praying that you find a good one!

God bless,

MO