Sign in to follow this  
KatieB

Feedback on the "new" format

I went to bed last night-

WOke up this morning to find Rick STILL at the computer making these improvements!

This "new" format puts everything on one page (instead of having a "front" page and the message board a link on that page)

And I really like it- but of course I am totally biased when it comes to myhusband! LOL

So lets hear your feedback and I know there will probably be some bugs to work out so let Rick know what these technical issues may be.

What do you think?

Its fine but orange is not my favorite color . It seems nearly every day I open the site and it looks different. Boy, Rick you sure work hard for us. Thanks. Donna G

I barely have my eyes open and TADA a new page again. YOU ar keeping me on my toes. I like having everything on one page. I had a bad habit of not checking the main page and now I can see eveything at once. Like Donna orange is not my favorite color BUT I really do not care. I finally mastered putting an attatchment on emails so I couldn't START to do anything like this. Tell Rick he is a WHIZ at puters! Whatever he does is AOK in my book.

Cindy

I love the blue and green--not as crazy about the orange. But man it sure looks nice! Rick, great job. I also want to echo Peg's remark. I can't read the posts without moving the horizontal bar thingie--hope that makes sense and it is kind of cumbersome to do so.

But hey, great work!!!

Rick, what an excellent job you have done with the new format for L/C, I first started reading the post for L/C back in March 2002, and what a difference you have done to improve the layout and info for this forum.

WELL DONE from across the pond.

New site is great with the exception of the width as has been mentioned. In any case, I am just very glad that you have decided to take on this major project which has brought us all together. I have learned so much and drawn such good feelings from this site. I am sure it has played a large part in my ability to fight this monster!

God Bless you Rick and Katie and thank you!

MO

Rick, you are doing a fine job. However, an old duffer like me gets shocked and confused when all of a sudden there is another change without warning! I had to log in again, and that means remembering my password and all, which is hard for one my age. LOL Don

Rick,

An excellent, proffesional site! Everything easy to read and to get to. I haven't gone wondering around the whole site yet, but so far it's looking REALLY good.

The one minor "ping" I have is the one already mentioned, having to scroll side to side as well as up and down to read all the messages.

Other than that (and, like I said, that's fairly minor) ... WELL DONE!!!

Dean

R ick

The main page seems fine. But when I open a message to read it I have to scroll side to side to be able to see all the text. It is all of the messages as far as I know since all the ones I've read this AM, are like that

Elaine

I agree with the rest. You did a swell job. The width is annoying to me. I bet you have a large screen Rick. I too had that problem once. I would use a comp at work and BINGO, I could see it all but when I went home I had to scroll. Resolution was same on both comps. By the way, I had to scroll every now and then on the old format but not often. Sure hope you can fix this.

Hmm -

I'm not having to scroll on this page. Haven't checked the other forums yet. I did occasionally have to scroll horizontally on the old format, but not often enough or irritating enough to keep me from reading! lol

I have Windows ME/Internet Explorer 5.5/600X800 resolution/16bit high color.

A bug I do see is that on the main page http://www.lchelp.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=6404

the logo appears twice at top. Like two headers -- one with logo only, the other with logo and links to Home/Members/FAQ/etc.

Great job. Hope this is helpful. I'll check out scrolling on some of the other pages.

Oh, also as I started to Submit, I realize there is no longer an option to include a signature. If that's intentional or just coming later, fine. Not that important to me -- I know people use it so they won't have to enter their diagnosis info each time -- but I'm sure there are ways around that.

Gloria

Good job on the site and call me crazy, but I actually like the way the orange looks!!!

One note...I dont think the size of the screen has anything to do with the post being "lost" on the right side. I am at work and my monitor is 14" here and I am able to read the entire post in full view.

On the other hand, when I am at home, I recently have had to start cursoring over to read the right side of the post. My home monitor is at least 17".

Thanks for all your work!!!

Guest Muriel K

I, too, really appreciate all of the time and hard work you have put into this. To me, purple-ish blue and greenish-gray are cold colors and I prefer warm ones. I did like the two shades of green (with orange?).

The most important thing, however, is being able to read the messages. For me, the lines are too long for the print size. It all fits on my screen (just barely), but because the lines are too long, it's hard to read. The print size is fine for me.

Again, thanks for working so hard on this site.

Muriel K

It should fit everyone screen now on most all the screens. There will be some posts that come out off screen and thats a bug in the phpBB engine. Can you guys let me know.. I had to reduce the logo image size to keep in the screen..

Guest Muriel K

Something else must happened, too. I never, ever log off. When I came to the site a little while ago, it didn't show that I was logged on. So, I tried to do that. It seemed to be fine, but when I tried to post my previous reply, I got the message "User name already in use." So I put a space between my first name and the last initial. It took the posting, but thinks I am a guest, now. Does anyone know how to fix this?

MurielK

Rick,

Thank goodness for smarties like you! I was very shocked and confused when I came to the site today, but I am not having any trouble with having to scroll over. I occassionally did on the old format. I like the colors too!

Bravo!

TAnn

First and foremost, a great BIG THANK YOU for all the work and I know that a site like this is always a work in process.

As I entered in technical help, I have more trouble reading the posts with this font. Have not had the side to side problems. While these colors are nice, I liked the green/gold logo better.

But, you will never get a consensus from 2 people let alone over 900.

Ginny