Horrible day

LilyMir

This is just to vent as I feel like giving the universe a huge middle finger. Today my husband was told his mole is a pigmented cell carcinoma. The dermatologist took a sample for testing and final confirmation. While worse cancers exist, I cannot comprehend why life is screwing us so royally, so young. 3 years of miserable pandemic, then my lung cancer, and now this. What has our young family done to deserve this, I don't know. I just feel like screaming my lungs out and smashing things but have to keep it together for our little boy. Damn it, damn it, damn it. Sorry if I sounds rude.

LilyMir,

We hear you and understand your pain.  I can only say that better days will be ahead.  When I'm down I always have to remember that there are folks worse off then me.  That puts my own feelings in a better perspective.  Hang in there.

Lou

I'm sorry to hear this Lily. I feel at times that I've been royalled screwed over by life as well. My brother was born with a rare brain tumor, although it was benign it messed up his life and caused huge disability. My dad died when I was 14 and my mum was diagnosed with inoperable stage 3B lung cancer in Feb 2020 so I feel your pain. All the misfortune in my life makes me constantly worried more bad things will happen. I'm constantly scared that I too will get cancer or a brain tumor. 

Whilst I can't say much that will make you feel better I feel yoyr pain. Fate can be a b***h. It feels raw at the moment but it will start to sink in and you'll feel a bit more positive. Skin cancer from what I've heard isn't a difficult cancer to treat and another cancer like lung cancer that has seen huge advances in treatment. I believe that the first immunotherapy was used for skin cancer and saw extremely successful results. 

You and you husband can both get through it. We're here for you xx

Thanks and so sorry to hear about your family's share of misfortune @catlady91, that sucks. Indeed life can be nasty. Big hugs to you and hopefully your mom will keep doing well.

Will see what the doctors comes back with for treatment plan for my husband. Trying to keep it together today, in fact we put up the Christmas tree with our kiddo and started the Holiday cheer quite early. Kept cleaning all day to distract myself since the moment I am alone I coil up into a ball and just sob. Hoping for better days ahead!

According to along-ago mentor, there's nothin' wrong with curling up in a little ball and sobbing, @LilyMir. You just need to set a timer for a specific, limited amount of time. She advised 10 minutes, which I thought was stingy, but I tried it and it did help at that time. I also think it diminished the tendency I had to wallow back then.

Hang in; this will pass. 

Hi lily

I'm so sorry I've only just seen this post I am so sorry to read this it's so unfair, you don't deserve this added heartache,

Please don't give up hope you and your husband will get through this and your little boy will have a fantastic life with all of you together 

Please take care Justin x